Bont Riot Heat Molding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Yes but the whole point of being heat mouldable is for a custom fit.As I said I can wear them as they are,bought a cheap second hand pair I wear in winter so thought I'd give the moulding a go.No different to me though,they hardly changed at all

S-Express

Yes but the whole point of being heat mouldable is for a custom fit.

Absolutely. But I'm just saying that if yours were a perfect fit out of the box, then you would be unlikely to notice the difference that any heat mouding would have made.

Adam4868

Guru
Absolutely. But I'm just saying that if yours were a perfect fit out of the box, then you would be unlikely to notice the difference that any heat mouding would have made.
I'm not trying to sound awkward here,I'm pretty lucky as the shoes felt fine as I say.Was just curious to mold to foot.We had a oven thermometer so thought I'd give it a go.Followed instructions of web but didn't feel the sole become mouldable at all.But I hear other people who had success so I'll put it down to me,I'm crap with the oven at best of times.

reacher

That's because the sole doesn't mould to your foot and to be honest I don't think the top moves much either, a bit maybe but nothing like they claim, i would say if their uncomfortable before you heat them then in my experiance theirs marginal improvement only my gripe is not with the shoes it's with the manufacturer who sell a shoe that's by it's very nature you won't know if it's any good until you have baked it in the oven then if it's still no good it's tough luck their not interested even if it does not do what they claim it will do plus is not an ongoing process every time you heat them they return to normal so you can't just keep on trying to alter them bit by bit until they are fitted once they cool that's that opportunity gone you have to start again

S-Express

That's because the sole doesn't mould to your foot and to be honest I don't think the top moves much either,

The upper is not mouldable - only the sole is. The sole does mould to your foot though, that's the whole USP of the shoes.

every time you heat them they return to normal

I don't know why you keep repeating this. It is categorically incorrect.

In general, some punctuation would help people better understand your comments.

Adam4868

Guru
I understood fine,but I agree it's only the carbon sole that is 'supposed ' to mould.But agree also didn't get any movement in it at all.Definitely had them hot enough,smelt like they were going to burn after 3rd attempt.

reacher

Whatever I'm not arguing the point I'm saying the pair I had didn't mold to anything like the advertising blurb would have you believe others may get differant results like I said take it up with them an see if you can get a refund after you buy a pair an they still don't mold to your feet as they state in their advertising that they will definately do that

Top Bottom