Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3 Disc carbon road wheels - SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3 Disc carbon road wheels c/w with unused 32 mm tyres and tubes, but minus the discs and cassette. Both wheels are for 12mm thru axle fitment but can be converted to QR or even 15mm thru axle I believe.

These came as OE with my recently acquired Trek SL8 Disc a month ago, but I already had a set of Mavics Carbon Pros from original plan to build up the Kinesis Gran Fondo last year. So these are just hanging up in the garage taking up space.

Key features
The D3 Dual Directional Design profile cuts drag at the tyre-leading and rim-leading edges
OCLV Pro carbon offers an optimised blend of weight, stiffness, and durability
Tubeless Ready (TLR) rims allow for quick transition to a tubeless system
Stacked lacing alignment provides a better spoke bracing angle for a stiffer wheel
35 mm depth OCLV Carbon rim (27 mm outer, 19.5 mm inner width) DT Aerolite spokes and Alpina locking nipples
Centre lock disc hubs with 12 mm thru-axle front and rear, Bontrager 24 point engagement, 3 pawl hub
Compatible with Shimano 10/11 speed, SRAM 10/11 freehubs, axle swap kit available for quick release and 15 mm

The retail price for the wheel set is £1200, so as they are technically classed as being second hand, so selling for half the retail price which is a bargain for someone. The wheels have covered around 200 (dry) miles just to see what they rode like and the tyres and tubes have never been used at all,!

Arguably they are a much better and lighter wheel set than the Mavics, but the Mavic deeper section wheels really do set the bike off better, and as we all know its all about the looks!

£600 for the pair.

Collection only from Redditch please.

Attachments

• bontrager-aeolus-pro-3-disc---2-1498601686800-fy4qsadlgah4-630-354.jpg
    bontrager-aeolus-pro-3-disc---2-1498601686800-fy4qsadlgah4-630-354.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

d70ar9

Definitely interested. Do you have any pictures of your wheels? The image is just a stock one from Bikeradar. Also what 32mm tyres are they?

Cheers

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Really sorry, but I have just noticed that I have put "TLR" in the description of the wheels in the subject title, they are not the "TLR" version but what the exact difference is I don't know? But hopefully it will not affect your interest?

The tyres are the OE ones that came with the bike - Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, 700x32c, these and the tubes are brand new.

Here is one picture that I have on my phone right now, but I'll post more later when I get home if that's okay?

Attachments

• 20180310_170905_resized.jpg
    20180310_170905_resized.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
As promised and if you require any more of anything specific please fee free to ask.

Attachments

• 20180613_171729_resized.jpg
    20180613_171729_resized.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180613_171747_resized.jpg
    20180613_171747_resized.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180613_171808_resized.jpg
    20180613_171808_resized.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180613_171823_resized.jpg
    20180613_171823_resized.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2

d70ar9

Cheers for the pictures and reply
Collection from Redditch might be the stickler, let me have a think though
Ta

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Cheers for the pictures and reply
Collection from Redditch might be the stickler, let me have a think though
Ta

As much as I hate the thought of sending wheels via a courier in case of incurring any damage in transit, it is an option maybe? It all depends if my LBS has a suitable cardboard wheel box they could give me?

Kernow_T

Über Member
As much as I hate the thought of sending wheels via a courier in case of incurring any damage in transit, it is an option maybe? It all depends if my LBS has a suitable cardboard wheel box they could give me?
Haven't yet come across an LBS or Halfords who won't chuck you a wheel box gratis

Speicher

Vice Admiral
"TLR" has now been deleted from the thread title.

d70ar9

Cheers for the offer. Think I'll pass on the wheels, would very much have been an impulse purchase rather than a sensible purchase.

Top Bottom