bored bored bored

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

ouch cha wawa
thought Id spice up the bored thread

bonj2

Kirstie said:
My understanding of your last post was
it's just struck me that you haven't actually read it at all have you. You've just read the bit at the end that says:
_Ben_ said:
If I hadn't done it, somebody else would have, and probably worse.
and jumped to the conclusion that i was altering the stats.
I'm not apologising for altering the stats, i'm apologising (if it's necessary) for working there at all, which despite claiming to have a phd on the subject you apparently find offensive and would rather I go off in a huff and work as a binman.

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Ok then you are off the hook. Pity you left.

the reason i left was because i predicted that i was going to get made redundant, because they'd initiated a multimilion pound project to replace the reports that i wrote with ones that numpties could write, and it didn't take a genius to work out that they weren't going to be spending all that capital outlay without wanting to make it back in year on year costs, so i left.
put that in your academic mincing machine and see what it comes out with?

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Err, yes, actually i have. And I don't look at socio-economic trends. I do work with call centre workers on their experiences of being monitored, so it's occupational psychology/micro sociology.

But I am oh-so-clever.
just don't assume that all call centre workers know they are being monitored, or care. Often their supervisors just get emailed a report, and even they probably usually ignore it.
I get the impression that you assume they have a strong opinion on the monitoring that goes on, when most of the time they just want to log in, do the shift, and get out again.

Now then there's no need to get all cross. I was responding to this post:

"I worked for 3 years collating data from call centre electronic monitoring. They used to try and 'trick' the system, we'd 'program round' their tricks, ad infinitum."

Which looked like unethical behaviour to me. Which gets my goat. So I said something. Since you have explained that it wasn't unethical behaviour, then I'm fine with it.

Either way I seem to have upset you. Nothing you have posted about call centres, monitoring, workers etc surprises me. Nor does your aggressive attitude towards researchers.

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Now then there's no need to get all cross. I was responding to this post:

"I worked for 3 years collating data from call centre electronic monitoring. They used to try and 'trick' the system, we'd 'program round' their tricks, ad infinitum."

Which looked like unethical behaviour to me. Which gets my goat. So I said something. Since you have explained that it wasn't unethical behaviour, then I'm fine with it.
er, no... "programming round tricks" doesn't equal "tricks". it's the opposite, in fact.
it's making the system robust enough so that it can't be tricked.
I would have thought you'd know that...

roadiewill

fight fight fight

Top Bottom