Bored facts that you have found out while in lock down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was watching an important educational video of a guy in Siberia emptying a pan of boiling water from his balcony, 9 floors up in a block of flats. (The water froze before it hit the ground!)

He said that the air temperature was "minus 41". Some smart arse in the comments told us that we needed to be told whether that was -41F or -41C. An even bigger smart arse told us that we did NOT need to know because -41F happens to be the same as -41C! :laugh:

PS Sorry, It wasn't -40 it was -41!

The video...

Last edited:

ColinJ

+61deg C or +16 deg F is the health and safety minimum temperature at work.
Do they specify the type of work?

That makes sense for office work, but I used to do pretty heavy manual labouring in a factory and I generated my own heat! In the summer I sometimes had to strip off to shorts to avoid getting too hot. In the winter I was happy in jeans and tee-shirt even once when the factory heating system packed up in a cold spell.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I was h&s rep in school a while back, so that was the guidance for that. When the heating broke I was mercilessly hunted down to get my thermometer out. So no, you can freeze ya bearings off:cold::laugh:

They probably mistake them for a type of mask?
lol they weren't pulled up that high!

ColinJ

it is possible to run an errand at the grocery store with your pants on inside out w/o anyone mentioning it
I have an ongoing dread of going to the shops in the winter without my trousers (pants) on!

I wear long johns in the winter and if it were a milder day it would be possible to forget to add the trousers... (Do you call long-legged undergarments 'long johns' in the USA?)

Top Bottom