Bored facts that you have found out while in lock down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
David Tennant -- who played - and hence IS the Doctor

In one episode - called the Doctor's Daughter = he has a daughter by unusual means

The Daughter was played by the daughter of Peter Davidson - the 5th Doctor

She was called Georgia Moffett - and she married David Tennant in 2011 - to become Georgia Tennant

Hence David Tennant is married to his own daughter - from 2 points of view

assuming you believe that Dr Who is real

evidence https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...davison-marriage-stupid-podcast-b1095552.html

Caught the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea original cinema movie with Walter Pidgeon. Your post reminded me of the first TV season which was in B&W, used a lot of stock footage of the sub from the movie to keep the FX budget down.

Well, David Hedison played Captain Crane & in one episode, they discover an island full of dinosaurs (gotta love 60's telly:okay:) & he is seen with a woman fleeing a dinosaur attack which was stock footage taken from The Lost World. Thing is, Hedison played a reporter in The Lost World, also made by Irwin Allen. Thus, in this episode, he appeared twice as different characters, acting alongside stock footage...of himself.

Allen's cheapskatery didn't stop with stock footage (the 8 window Seaview even appeared in season 4 stories despite the redesign in season 2). In one episode ' Jonah & the Whale' a diving crew have to venture inside the body of a mutant whale to rescue the diving bell it swallowed. They needed sets to depict the whale interior but hadn't the budget to build them. Luckily, a sci-fi movie was being shot not too far away in another studio which had some 'body' sets they could use. The movie?....Fantastic Voyage:okay:

Chris S

Legendary Member
There was a double murder half a mile from me in March 2020. I only found out about it when I saw a CSI documentary last night, it could have barely made the local news. I think it says something about the murder rate today.

That my car has a limiter on the reverse speed. Tried to reverse park on my drive today which is a bit snowy and with an access point covered in that compressed snow from weight of cars passing on the road.. Tried to floor it up the slight incline on the drive to get some speed up and it bogged down and went nowhere. Didn’t even get any wheelspin. Disappointed!

That my car has a limiter on the reverse speed. Tried to reverse park on my drive today which is a bit snowy and with an access point covered in that compressed snow from weight of cars passing on the road.. Tried to floor it up the slight incline on the drive to get some speed up and it bogged down and went nowhere. Didn’t even get any wheelspin. Disappointed!

Following on from this, couldn’t even make it up my drive later in the day when I popped out to return something to Amazon, going forward instead of backwards. The compacted snow has now turned into an ice rink. Out with the shovel tomorrow to scrape it up.

Tribansman

Veteran
4.5 is the optimal setting on all toasters

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I learnt quite a bit that has rocked my world this week, mainly from reading Gwynne's Kings and Queens:
  1. The first recorded king of Britain was King Brutus, who was s grandson of Anaeus (who I thought was fictional), and who landed at Totnes.
  2. I always assumed Winston Churchill was the greatest Briton ever (not quite true) but there is a strong case for the Emperor Constantine. He was born in Britain; he was the king of Britain before he became Emperor of Rome, and his mother was British.
  3. I am in generation X. I know when generation X starts (1965) but not when it ends. I am not sure what generation kids born now are in. Might be Z, might be AA.

@Yellow Fang I assume children born between 1986-1996 if so then millennium children (gen Y) if after that’s but before 2012 then zoomers (gen z). Current generation is AA (Alpha’s).

Tribansman

Veteran
Ours is just below 4 at 3.8. 4 burns it and 3.5 is crispy but not toasted.
Does that vary according to which bread you use? Further experimentation yesterday revealed that 4.5 only good for thick, well made white bread. Brown, wholemeal, granary needs 3.5 and all bets are off for sourdough and bagels, they can take anything up to 8 or 9 👨‍🍳

Top Bottom