Bored waiting for a delivery..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why does this happen EVERY single time I have to wait in for a delivery of anything?? This afternoon it's a washing machine, bought out of necessity as the last one died recently.

At least I was given a window of 2pm to 7pm, which is better than the usual 8am to 8pm routine.

Anyway I'm still waiting, and you begin to wonder if maybe they aren't going to turn up.. They NEVER turn up at the start of the delivery window, do they?

Typically, the weather has been decent today, so I could have been away for a wee day out on the bike :sad:. I did manage over 8 miles on the MTB this morning, which included going up a 3 mile muddy hill and then down the other side :smile:.

Just thought I would have a moan. Bored, bored, bored. :wacko:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Been there many times myself and the items weren't for me  :ohmy: and without doubt it's always going to be delivered on a perfect cycling day! :angry:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well it arrived, at 6.15 :rolleyes:. Just got it plumbed in and running it on an empty cycle as requested in the instruction book (not sure why).

Then it can start tackling 2 weeks worth of dirty clothes! A Bosch Classix machine, looks like a better piece of kit than the bit of junk it replaces. Got it for a good price too, from John Lewis, who were incidentally about £100 cheaper than that large electrical retailer named after Bill Haileys musicians ;). And you get an extra years warranty for free....

http://www.johnlewis.com/230878209/Product.aspx

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Success then. But do you have stay at home neighbours? If so give em a key and put a note on your door so Mr Delivery-Man can deliver while you go for your ride.

I have neighbours like that - so I do :biggrin:

surfdude

Veteran
stayed in all day for a new bike to turn up , needed the loo so not able to keep an eye out . came down stairs to find a note in the door saying sorry we missed you so had to wait another day for it .how unlucky is that

taxing

Our washing machine broke recently and it was the second in three years to go, so my mum decided to replace it with a second hand twin tub because she reckons they're built to last, unlike today's modern crap. So now we have to fill the washing machine from the tap and hover over it for an hour, swapping stuff from the washer bit to the spinner. :rolleyes:

That takes me back to when we first had a washing machine. It was a top loading Hotpoint that you filled from the tap then when it had finished it's wash cycle you plugged the fill hose into a hole in the side and turned the switch to drain after which the washing was finished off in a seperate spin dryer.

Our washing machine broke recently and it was the second in three years to go, so my mum decided to replace it with a second hand twin tub because she reckons they're built to last, unlike today's modern crap. So now we have to fill the washing machine from the tap and hover over it for an hour, swapping stuff from the washer bit to the spinner. :rolleyes:

Md dad bought my mum a toploading washer as a present when I was a kid

We didn't have hot running water downstairs, only in the bathroom (if the immersion was on) so mum ended up handwashing after finding out that it was actually HARDER work lugging buckets of water from the kitchen sink to the copper in the outhouse to heat up (the water heater must not have worked properly, probably why it was sold 2nd hand), then fill the washing machine from the copper, do the washing, unload it, put it through the Creda spin dryer (did anyone other than Creda make such things..they all seemed to be badged that way, yet never got to be the brand name that "hoover/do the hoovering" was....why was it never "I'm just CREDA'ing the clothes"?) then take it all out and hang the clothes on assorted clothes horses in front of the gas fire that "never worked properly after switching to North Sea Gas". They were right...the Monty python sketch with all the gas board vans was based on reality. NINE of them we had down our street on one day!

I think about that and feel shame that I regard filling/emptyng the dishwasher as a chore...

Top Bottom