Boring wet Sunday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I'll be watching F1 , damn you rain !
I hope it rains in Spa that could really liven things up, although I'm hoping for a good race today even without the water, the Ferrari's do seem to have found something in the engine department, now whether it's legal or using the red rulebook I don't know. Problem will be if it's dry it will be a 3 car race out front with 1 coming from the back to take 4th, assuming nobody collects him on the way through.

As to riding in the rain, I was determined to get out today no matter what, I did 4 days on the trot 16 reasonable rough miles of MTB'ing each day, took yesterday off for a rest so had to get some in today, it was just spitting as I set off, but proper rain by 1 mile in, at 3 miles I was feeling rough don't know why, no energy in the legs, not happy at all, but as I'd been dropped off 14 miles from home by the wife there was no turning back. Slogged through it & by 5 miles I was feeling a bit better, by 6 miles I was feeling fine again, but no speed so I figured no worries just take it steady. At 12 miles when I should have been turning for home over the last few fields I kept going forward & extended the 14.5 mile journey home by another 6 miles, I think it's my highest MTB mileage in a week.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
(let me know if the path to Gretto falls(Catseye) is back to normal)
I cycled up there a few weeks ago on the MTB and yes it's back to normal. In fact you can continue past that on a new, but rough, road (for wind turbine transporters??) and you will come out on the Largs/Kilbirnie road at the Mills Milk place near the new crematorium. Which is what I did, then a quick blast down the Haylie Brae....

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2691191945

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5362387, member: 9609"]just rip it off and give it full welly up and down the high street, everyone will think you are a super cool dude driving a porche - it seems to be a bit of a hobby round here, esp at 2am when I'm trying to sleep.[/QUOTE]
Can't understand why people find it "cool" to have a noisy exhaust. Mine broke yesterday on the way home from Moffat, and for the last 30 miles it was driving me nuts. The noise and the vibrations inside the car made for an unpleasant drive, and gentler than usual use of the accelerator.

tom73

Guru
well I hate being stuck in I did manage a spin this morning though I cut it a bit short in case. I have uni work to do but just cant get into today. So just have to see what come's along for me to do. I may go out into town though it will have to be the car which i don't really fancy going.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I cycled up there a few weeks ago on the MTB and yes it's back to normal. In fact you can continue past that on a new, but rough, road (for wind turbine transporters??) and you will come out on the Largs/Kilbirnie road at the Mills Milk place near the new crematorium. Which is what I did, then a quick blast down the Haylie Brae....

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2691191945
Cheers, was wanting to take the Mrs back to where I threw her in and found out she couldn't swim:laugh:
Spent many a summer night up there, once you got past the midge infestations it was great fun.

Handy now to grab a pinta or two whilst attending a cremation..

gbb

Legendary Member
Rain in Pboro.
Today's going to be a far than satisfactory day.
Got a headache.
Family round for dinner, that's normally nice but one grandkids is being very demanding today...just when you can't be dealing with it.
Forgot to take out the pork joint last night so that's made dinner later.
Cooker doesn't appear to be working properly, it's taking far far longer to cook the joint than it should...so everyone is hungry and getting worse.
I have a new bike to look at, fit guards, lights etc and I can't bring it in the house because of the kids and can't do it in the garden for the rain.
It's all a bit ......:headshake:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Shorter than usual group ride for me today due to persistent rain which started late morning as forecasted.

Back in time to watch the Grand Prix which I normally wouldn't be, so not all bad.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5362399, member: 9609"]'m waiting for a lull in the rain then the fun will be not electrocuting myself [/QUOTE]
I was out with my angry grinder the other day & I could feel it getting warm when suddenly it went BANG! it made me jump :laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Rain in Pboro.
Got a headache.
Family round for dinner, that's normally nice but one grandkids is being very demanding today...just when you can't be dealing with it.
Cooker doesn't appear to be working properly, it's taking far far longer to cook the joint than it should...so everyone is hungry and getting worse.
I have a new bike to look at, fit guards, lights etc and I can't bring it in the house because of the kids and can't do it in the garden for the rain.
Not a good day.
The solution to one of your problems :okay:.... https://www.just-eat.co.uk/

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I went out on the bike this morning hoping to beat the rain, I failed and got wet on the return leg. I now have a casserole in the oven for dinner tonight. It's getting darker by the Minuit as the rain gets heavier. The dog still wants to go out so I will have to don the waterproof and boots and head out across the fields later on. :rain:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Rain in Pboro.
Got a headache.

Partly thawed semi cooked pork.

I hope you've got plenty of Andrex in the house.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ha! Found something to watch this afternoon. ITV4, live motor racing from Knockhill in Fife. 3 rounds of the British Touring Car Championship, plus other stuff like the classic touring car races. Have a look at our lovely Scottish weather too. If I can just put up with the ad breaks every 5 minutes...

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The car is broken (exhaust hanging off) and it's too wet for enjoyable cycling or the motorbike.
I might even be reduced to reading some of the many half read books on my Kindle.
Rain radar says it's pretty much wet nationwide today, which is nice. Would hate to think we keep all the rain to ourselves :okay:.

Whisper it softly but Watford are winning again.

Another bod here curled up watching the BTCC meeting from Knockhill. Did catch the F1, but apart from the first lap, it was a snorefest.

Didn't even bother getting properly dressed. Am slumming it in a onesie and a fleece throw over my shoulders.

Top Bottom