Boris Johnson - Good or Bad for cycling in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cupoftea

Ken's leaving and we need to replace him

But who with?

Boris said the other day that if elected he'd get the police to use undercover bike and prosecute motorist who drive too close or endanger cyclist

So what do people think, Good or Bad for cycling in London?

Tynan

Veteran
sounds like silly electioneering to me, he's not all bad but he can be a serious arse sometimes

domtyler

Über Member
I don't normally go in for single issue politics, but when the issue is cycling I make an exception. Come one Boris, go on my son!

Arch

Married to Night Train
As I'm not a Londoner, I can't really poke my nose in but..

I'd like it if he said he was going to use undercover cycle police to stop all road users infringing the Highway Code - motorised and cyclists. Drivers aren't going to see the point unless the law is applied fairly... They'll just end up feeling victimised and regurgitating the lycra lout stereotype...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Anything has got to be better than seeing ken's arse-face on TV again.

The sooner he hooks up with Janet Street-Porter and they both fukk off to Cuba, the better......

At least we'd never have to hear those voices again

Tynan

Veteran
Kens been good for London, far better than the people the tories and Labour would have foisted on us with agenda and strings controlling them

Tynan

Veteran
rubbish

he's been an independant voice for London

tfl
congestion charge
traffic light timing and road improvements

without trying

zimzum42

Legendary Member
congestion charge worked for about a month, now it's just a tax, the roads are as clogged as ever.

Independent voice for London? Well, yes, so long as it is his voice and noone else's.

The only thing timed about the traffic lights is along the edge of the CC, and even then it's often fukked.....

He's great at spending money on crap though, I'll give him that. I guess you were happy to pay for his little trip to go and suck off Castro and Chavez, he loves the idea of thick peasants with power......

Tynan

Veteran
congestion charge works, you've just forgotten what it was like before, and even if it doesn't work it raises money for London and even London's roads, paid for by the people that use them and that's a good thing

the traffic lights are bloody slow these days to smooth traffic flow, that works too, again I think you've just forgotten what it was like before

as for trips and the like, they all do that sort of stuff, he just gets picked over by the media because he's a bogey man while the other politicians get let off, so yeah, relative to the regular MPs swanning around and costing me 100s of thousands of tax payers money I am happy

zimzum42

Legendary Member
You can think I've forgotten all you like, but since I live on the boundary of the zone, I've got a pretty good idea of how it was and is.

Since I voted that there not be a mayor in the first place, perhaps we can never agree on this one. Given that we got a mayor, I was quite supportive of ken at first, but his megalomania has since changed my opinion. Whilst I can say i appreciate some of what he has done to London's roads, I can't say i like seeing him meddling in every aspect of life here, constantly trying to monitor us and tax us for more and more, and his plastering of his crappy symbol on every single evnt which takes place......

Tynan

Veteran
he's more megalomaniacal than Blair or Brown or the filthy quangos and committees they foist on us?

if you didn't want a mayor for london than no-one will meet with your approval surely?

I think he's made London better, given a voice to London if nothing else, I think once we get a party man beholden to his party then you'll see all sort of politics and regret not having an independent (small i) and headstrong mayor

I also think that too many people can't see through the way the popular media chose to portray people

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I don't think you can refer to Boris as being beholden to his party.......

He seems more beholden to ancient athens or something......

Top Bottom