Boris says keep calm and cycle on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
My nose can be totally clear for days then, as soon as I get on a bike in cool or cold weather - GUSH! It's like someone has turned a tap on.
It's usually mostly tears rather than snot.
The blast of cold air on the eyes makes them water a lot, and after a few minutes the lacrimal ducts open up and the tears drain down into the top of your nose rather than run down your face.

The best solution is fairly close fitting and wrap round cycling glasses to keep the wind off.

Slioch

Guru
They might have a lot of something on their hands you mean?

Good job they're advocating handwash and sanitiser.

So does that mean it's the politicians who are stockpiling all the loo paper :scratch:.

Anybody remember the term "Ugandan studies" much used by Private Eye many years ago?

Slioch

Guru
It's usually mostly tears rather than snot.. I'll
The blast of cold air on the eyes makes them water a lot, and after a few minutes the lacrimal ducts open up and the tears drain down into the top of your nose rather than run down your face.

The best solution is fairly close fitting and wrap round cycling glasses to keep the wind off.

Good lord. I'd never have guessed that. Thanks. :okay:

I always wear glasses during the warmer months to keep flies etc out of my eyes, but don't wear them in winter. I'll give it a go next time I'm out to see if it makes a difference.

ozboz

Guru
It's usually mostly tears rather than snot.

Well there’s a thing !! My eyes water like mad whilst riding , but no nasal probs , im glad about that with things the way they are at the mo ,

Osmand, that favourite of cycletourists (not sure if that includes boris) actually allows you to search for brothels and does find some. A great app, but its rather unintuitive front end (ooer) can mean serious grappling through its innards. Which is how i strayed across this.
Edit, just checked, it's a poi category under "leisure".
Edit edit, i should stress that when i say it finds some, i have not personally rolled up on one of my tourers, unhooked my panniers and bibs and checked out these venues' credentials. Maybe someone knows pandora"s in wilmslow.
Once when cycling along a gravel track in Catalonia I happened upon a Lady of Negotiable Affection at the point where the track ended and joined a road. I knew her occupation because I'd passed a few already, but she was the first who tried to interact with me.

She said something to me but it was legitimately the middle of nowhere, I was alone with everything I owned in the world on the bike, I had no idea where her pimp/goons were, so the only option was to do a "lo siento, non comprende" and flee. Only to discover after a mile that I'd fled in the wrong direction, and had to ride past her a second time. :laugh:

Slioch

Guru
Lady of Negotiable Affection

LOL :laugh:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Boris says cycle on.

Yep - noticed that being approved of. TBH - I wasn't going to ask as I'd be self isolating in the healthy fresh air. Might have to take my own coffee and cake tho'.

Reactions: C R

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Once when cycling along a gravel track in Catalonia I happened upon a Lady of Negotiable Affection at the point where the track ended and joined a road. I knew her occupation because I'd passed a few already, but she was the first who tried to interact with me.
Spectacular thread drift we've embarked on here :smile:
On that subject... :whistle:

I was on a cycling holiday on the Costa Blanca. Our group generally used to avoid the crowds of Benidorm, but one day we decided to head out through the town for a change. It was 10:30 and fairly quiet as we passed through and headed up towards the main coastal road. I spotted a group of prostitutes hanging about at the side of the road, trying to flag down passing motorists. I was riding next to an elderly cyclist, probably in his late 60s/early 70s. He turned to me and said "Where do you think those hitchhikers are trying to get to?" I laughed and suggested "A quick ride to Sin City, perhaps?" He looked baffled and asked if that was somewhere near Alicante! :laugh: (He genuinely didn't realise that they were prostitutes, and thought that I was having him on when I explained the situation...)

Top Bottom