Boris's Bike Watch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenbetty

Über Member
OK. Just back from Borough Market with a huntsman pie from Silfield Farm :biggrin:

Took more effort than I thought to get it out of the dock - needs a good old tug. As everyone says, the bike is heavy but comfy. A big friendly dog of a bicycle. No effort on the gentle hill over Southwark Bridge. Docked with no problems on Southwark Street in front of an audience which included Boris Johnson, who was cycling past. Bought pie, zipped back over the river - and tried to dock on Great Tower Street. The dock made a grinding noise, and locked in the bike. But the red light stayed on. Hmmm. Rang the call centre, not wanting a computer somewhere thinking i've nicked the bike. Call centre person told me not to worry, it's fine. I'm going to keep an eye on my account though...

I think I saw you! I was walking over the bridge to Borough Market about 12.50 and saw a BozzaBike coming back the other way...

Origamist

Legendary Member
Ha Ha, how embarrassing - I went to a docking station at lunch-time but had forgotten to activate my fob!

martint235

Dog on a bike
According to BBC London, someone in Shoreditch was arrested in the early hours for kicking one of these bikes. Let's hope this kind of protection continues.

chap

Veteran
According to BBC London, someone in Shoreditch was arrested in the early hours for kicking one of these bikes. Let's hope this kind of protection continues.

Encouraging sign (action being taken to protect these assets from idiots.) Although I am sure the BBC were more interested in the more negative aspect of vandalism, for the sake of exposing a weakness. Of course, that is mere speculation, however I have noticed a disturbing trend where many appear to wish it to fail through money, vandalism, or whatever scandal, just to confirm their bleak view of the country and its people or for the sake of a good whinge.

I am excited about this scheme, have been for a long time, and am very eager for it to succeed. If the French can do it...;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Had a look at some of these on my walk home tonight - look pretty decent, reckon I'll sign up to at least have a go. Hope it goes well!

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
, calories burnt... :thumbsup:

Does anybody else have trouble seeing the map of docking stations on the TFL site or is it just me?
Any idea what settings I need to change or what stuff I need to download?

https://web.barclays...tfl.gov.uk/maps

it hasn't worked for me either this evening... still not working.

just got an email from TFL asking for feedback on the scheme and saying they're waiving all "usage charges" from today (yesterday)

jonesy

Guru
Encouraging sign (action being taken to protect these assets from idiots.) Although I am sure the BBC were more interested in the more negative aspect of vandalism, for the sake of exposing a weakness. Of course, that is mere speculation, however I have noticed a disturbing trend where many appear to wish it to fail through money, vandalism, or whatever scandal, just to confirm their bleak view of the country and its people or for the sake of a good whinge.

I am excited about this scheme, have been for a long time, and am very eager for it to succeed. If the French can do it...;)

I agree- take a look at some of the idiotic posts here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/first-london-now-the-rest-of-britain-2040028.html

Top Bottom