Bosch purion-blank display?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rip Van

Veteran
Hi all,
my wife's Cube Acid Purion display has gone blank. I tested the batteries, one was 1.9v the other was 0v. Replaced the batteries, display came on, went for a short ride and all seemed OK. Went back to it a little while later and the display wouldn't turn on. Tested the batteries again and both were +3v. Put them back in and.....nothing.
Any ideas?

CXRAndy

Guru
Bosch dealers can do diagnostics via usb port. Try contacting a couple of local dealers

I have never put any batteries in my Purion - it just starts working when I connect the main battery
So - the little battery issues is perhaps a red herring
I would suggest it may be either a straight display failure or a loose connection. See if you can find where the Purion connects to the main parts of the system.
ALthough I think you are probably going to have to take it to a dealer - and, being Bosch, pay for a new Purion.

Sending positive thoughts about that being all it is
Good Luck

OP
OP
Rip Van

Rip Van

Veteran
The local dealer ran the diagnostics and no fault codes came up but they did do a firmware update. I left it with them to try another purion on it. They phoned yesterday to say that's the problem but they want £100 plus labour. I have seen them online for as low as £77.99 (reduced from £89.99). Does anyone have any views on that?

CXRAndy

Guru
The local dealer ran the diagnostics and no fault codes came up but they did do a firmware update. I left it with them to try another purion on it. They phoned yesterday to say that's the problem but they want £100 plus labour. I have seen them online for as low as £77.99 (reduced from £89.99). Does anyone have any views on that?

Being a proprietary system, Bosch may need to program the new display to the overall system. Google to see if that is the case. Ask them how much is labour.

Unfortunately Bosch is the Porsche of the ebike world

Whether or not they are Porsche quality I will leave alone - but if it has Bosche on it the price is high
It does seem a bit high - but not much
Don't think you have much choice

Might be worth asking them if there is any clue as to why it failed??

Oh - more info
First link I found to buy one was about £80 - but out of stock

just found this one

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Integrated-Operating-Computer-Platinum/dp/B01LN12XM2

as you can see - £98 - so £100 is about right
plus you have to factor in the dealer has to buy the diagnostic software and all that
plus time etc

OP
OP
Rip Van

Rip Van

Veteran
Thanks gents some things I never thought of there. I'm going to get the shop to do it to save me the potential hassle.
Thanks again for all input.

Top Bottom