Bought a new bike was I hoodwinked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raggydoll

Über Member
Why give yourself this headache though?, the seatpost is a thin diameter if I remember correctly. I wouldn't want to be faffing about trying to get an obsolete sized seatpost from anywhere. A bike builder will want to be making their money on expensive builds not messing about with making a seatpost for peanuts.

Maybe I've misunderstood?
I thought he had a perfectly good bike that needed a new seatpost but he couldn't find one anywhere and its an odd/obsolete size.

If I was in that position I'd ask a bike builder or metal worker (who knows) if they could make something the right length/shape/dimeter rather than scrapping the bike. Worth asking.
Either that or keep it as my 'out of the saddle bike!':bicycle:

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
dont think its same bike my one coming is Canondale Synapse carbon 3 2011 with ultegra 6700 groupset.
You’ve a superior group set so worth a bit more. It has the same frame - including the seat post - as the one I bought

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Maybe I've misunderstood?
I thought he had a perfectly good bike that needed a new seatpost but he couldn't find one anywhere and its an odd/obsolete size.

If I was in that position I'd ask a bike builder or metal worker (who knows) if they could make something the right length/shape/dimeter rather than scrapping the bike. Worth asking.
Either that or keep it as my 'out of the saddle bike!':bicycle:
I have considered doing this but, as I have a couple of other bikes I ride on a regular basis and I reckon the cost would probably be between £100 and £150 in today’s market, I haven’t yet decided if it’s worthwhile doing so.

dont think its same bike my one coming is Canondale Synapse carbon 3 2011 with ultegra 6700 groupset.
Seat post will probably be 25.4. Not a rare beast at all.
Not sure of clamp, but it might be an Allen key fitting that tightens up via a hole in the inside top corner of the frame. I "think" it's a 4mm Allen key.
Never had a problem with mine once set to the right height. Carbon paste was used - just in case.

Bike spec sounds good for the money. Send it back and get a refund. Then what are you going to do? Start all over again? Will you ever be happy? Nothing at all in this world is 100% perfect all the time.

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Depends on the condition of it specifically the carbon and if he refunds some money then I will keep it otherwise I will send back.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
What's your eBay ID, so other sellers here can block you from bidding on their auctions? I'm not joking, I genuinely fear buyers like you.
A few years ago a friend decided he did not want to spend any money on his round town hybrid. So he put it on eBay . “For spares or repairs , only bid if you are willing and have the ability to carry out repairs, collection only”.The winning bidder persuaded him to send it by courier . Next message from buyer , I have taken the bike to cycle shop , they say the bike is unrideable and dangerous and will cost £ xxxx to repair . In order to preserve his eBay rating ,he drove quite a distance to collect the bike and hand back the purchase price . He then donated it to a bike recycling charity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom