Boulogne-sur-Mer - three/four day tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Up the coast and pick up the LF route follow it through Brugge to Gent then cut across (another marked route) to Avelgem (calling in on the Ronde cycling centre) then back via either the coast or cut across past Lille via WW1 sites if interested. That would probably be about 300 miles but you could cut some out if you only had 3 or 4 days.

We're doing the full LF route plus a couple of detours in August.

Footy

Hi I have a house just outside Boulogne and have done several trips around the Pas De Calais, in fact out house is on the cycle route, there are hundreds of cyclist wizing past on a weekend.

The coast road from Calais is good but very busy with tourists, but there are roads that are only just in land from the main coast run and they are great. You can head for a great village called Wimmereux and then head down further to Le Toquet which is big resort and very used to the English. Or you head inland and aim for a circular route that could take in two or three days. somewhere like St Omer which has really good roads all around it and you could head back up to the ports. it can depend on the strength of the wind which does vary a lot if you come a few miles in land.

I am thinking about doing relaxed cycle tours from the house if your are interested we could go over the options if you have a small group it would be really cheap as this would be a tester to see if people like it and if we should look to do it more often.

There is secure garage and places to park cars so plan was people pop over - we are 20 mins and one turn from tunnel and the provide bed breakfast and evening meal and either maps or guided tours.

Let me know what you think.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Crankarm

Guru
Hi I have a house just outside Boulogne and have done several trips around the Pas De Calais, in fact out house is on the cycle route, there are hundreds of cyclist wizing past on a weekend.

The coast road from Calais is good but very busy with tourists, but there are roads that are only just in land from the main coast run and they are great. You can head for a great village called Wimmereux and then head down further to Le Toquet which is big resort and very used to the English. Or you head inland and aim for a circular route that could take in two or three days. somewhere like St Omer which has really good roads all around it and you could head back up to the ports. it can depend on the strength of the wind which does vary a lot if you come a few miles in land.

I am thinking about doing relaxed cycle tours from the house if your are interested we could go over the options if you have a small group it would be really cheap as this would be a tester to see if people like it and if we should look to do it more often.

There is secure garage and places to park cars so plan was people pop over - we are 20 mins and one turn from tunnel and the provide bed breakfast and evening meal and either maps or guided tours.

Let me know what you think.

Hope that helps.

Andy

A newb, 2 posts and both of these hawking for punters ......

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Good luck to him.

He appears genuine and is providing a service in a location that many people could take use of. It is not as if he is selling dodgy gear or anything.

Footy. Do you have a link to the B&B? Try not to use the site just for touting but get involved as well.

Steve

Top Bottom