Boxing day meal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Beef stew & dumplings.
I fancy that today.

After the Great Chinese Cycling Shirt fiasco alluded to elsewhere, I bought a slow cooker with the refund which I'm itching to press into service.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
*wades in*
Roast beef needs to be rare, to have Yorkshire puddings, to have roast potatoes, and to be rubbed with salt, pepper and garlic before it goes into a stupid hot oven. Steak has garlic, so why not decent beef?
You may differ. That's fine, but bear in mind that you're wrong.
And yes, I have the wreckage of a rolled rib of beef downstairs. And many empty claret bottles too.

*falls over*

Affected by the flooding and afflicted with food poisioning?

subaqua

What’s the point
For brekkie we had

Eggs cumberbatch, which is like eggs benedict hut without the hollandais sauce.

Today we are having a leftovers omelette. With spuds sausages bacon cheese mushroom and sprouts in it , nom nom nom.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Used up the last of the turkey tonight in a madras curry. Served with shop bought naans and a glass of red wine

image.jpeg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
...homemade chips...

In my youth there was no other kind.

Snugglebum

Regular
Always bubble and squeak with left over chicken, also not a turkey fan, and a fried egg on top here.

I'm not touching that beef debate. That's handbags at dawn territory...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Utterly utterly joyless food, of the kind only the English can produce. The in-laws are nice people, but. God help us. Thank God we're home now.

subaqua

What’s the point
yesterday I had a brilliant breakfast omelette, with the remains of the pigs in blankets and the sausage meat stuffing and some lovely sauted potatoes. ( scallops for those who are not as posh as wot i is)

then lunch at half one was a philps cornish pasty washed down with Healeys Rattler cider. http://www.philpspasties.co.uk/ http://thecornishcyderfarm.co.uk/

then tea at 7pm was a cracking idea of giant yorkshire pud with sausages , onion gravy, mushy peas and more Sauted potatoes followed by large amounts of Mountgay rum

Top Bottom