Boxing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
From what I have seen he has always been a decent boxer, but no more than that. I dont even think he won the fight vs cammarelle, looked a bit of a home decision in my eyes.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Wow. The weigh in tells a story.
Joshua is lighter than last time. Ruiz is heavier, and now over 20 stone.
That’s got to me too heavy for the shorter man?

Stephenite

Membå
I've only seen highlights of the first fight but from what I saw Ruiz was unstoppable. The power and speed of his combos was too much for AJ. Maybe AJ made him look better than he is by being poor himself. We'll find out tonight. I'm expecting a leaner, meaner AJ and an out of shape Ruiz.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
My take is that Ruiz is going to try and punch a hole through Joshua who will hope to avoid him then hit him when he's knackered.

Not sure if that's right or not, but seems a reasonable guess?

D

Deleted member 1258

I lost interest in boxing many years ago, but I was a fan in the days of Henry Cooper and Mohamed Ali.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I watched a decent Sunderland boxer called Billy Hardy take part in a charity spar in which he did a round against a succession of amateurs.

Inevitably, one lad tried to make a name for himself by landing a couple on Hardy.

For a couple of seconds, Hardy reverted to pro mode and threw a combination, although he still pulled both punches to avoid knocking the lad's head off.

What struck me was Hardy's hand speed.

The lad retreated and spent the rest of the round dancing around the ring out of Hardy's range.

As Hardy's trainer commented to me: "They are not quite so keen when they've been hit a couple of times."

I've only seen highlights of the first fight but from what I saw Ruiz was unstoppable. The power and speed of his combos was too much for AJ. Maybe AJ made him look better than he is by being poor himself. We'll find out tonight. I'm expecting a leaner, meaner AJ and an out of shape Ruiz.

I believe that punch in R3 to the side of AJ's head had a huge effect on the rest of the fight and he never really recovered from it. He is aware of what Ruiz can do and will work on not getting caught like that again. Whatever happens we will find out if AJ was over-rated before, or whether Ruiz really is more than just an average pro who had a very good night.

On a side note I am very disappointed that AJ/Hearn have gone for the money in this Saudi Arabian sportswash, and AJ's disingenuous responses to questions about it. By all means go for the money, but don't try to pretend you don't know what the Saudis are doing and why.

mustang1

Guru
It's a bit like IQ tests. When the non brainy people figured out they couldn't get a good score on an IQ test, they invented EQ tests instead.

It's all about categorising. Happens in marketing. Happens in war. Happens when need to control divide and conquer.

Wait, am I complicating this to much?

Levo-Lon

Guru
hungry fighter is a danger to any AJ type fighter.

this lad may be fat but he can fight for his life as good as any ive seen.
excellent had speed and hits his target , and he got up easily last time AJ hit him,he also absorbed the kill attack from AJ who is said to be the best finish it fighter around.

i think Joshua may struggle

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Bunce and Costello on 5Live reckon Joshua will out box the other guy, who they reckon won't be able to keep going for more than five or six rounds.

I've got no idea, but Joshua seems like a decent lad so hopefully it goes well for him.

Levo-Lon

Guru
12 rounds... I didn't think Joshua would KO Ruis.

Ruis, I'd like to think 3 months of partying didn't have a anything to do with this, :laugh:
I like this guy

Last edited:
Top Bottom