Bradley is so going to Sky...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
lukesdad said:
Could have a problem with Vande Velde at garmin he wasnt 100% last year but still had glimpses of what he can do in the Tdf. I d go to sky as out and out team leader.
a fair point, but it must be said that Vandevelde's support for Bradley was unstinting, despite his being the nominal team leader. I don't see him as a prima donna.

Carboncyclestore

My thoughts on this are that if there had been a TTT in the 2010 route then leaving Garmin would be a very bad move as far as G.C chances are concerned seeing they have Millar,Zabriske and Vandevelde and himself of course in a very strong team.

Seeing as there isnt one in the route for 2010 I dont see that riding for Sky will change his chances much.
This year Garmin couldnt really give him a lot of support in the mountains CDV helped him occasionally but he mostly had to do it himself.

In 2010 of course he will be a marked man and they may try to put him under pressure far earlier on in the race this time knowing that he wont fade away like they possibly thought he would this year.

On the TTT front, Lance couldnt hide his disappointment on his twitter page when he realised there was not a TTT.
Pretty sure he was banking on that to put some time into Contador if he stays with Astana.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Seems that way - the title OP was reflecting on the weirdly gloating attitude Dave Brailsford was showing - like he knew something we all didn't. However perhaps that's just how he is!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, not with the addition of Hayman, Portal and Calzati as well as the rumoured arrival of Cioni and Vigano, there is only one squad place left at Sky. They have claimed they have one final 'big name' to arrive - and I don't think any of those five count (experienced domestiques through they are)... so who will it be?

livestrong10_02

22 confirmed and 2 rumoured, so hope they at least get a brit to fill the final place on the squad (apparently they announced there would be 25 riders and just 6 brits so far out of 24 is a pretty poor showing for a so called british team)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
am I alone in thinking that cycling is diminished by this drip-drip of speculation, prompted by team owners, agents and Bradley Wiggins alike? Or is this the complaint of a sad and naive old man?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I do hope this is not the start of a football style transfer saga where riders are contracted to a team for a period, but if a better offer comes along from a "superior" team then riders feel it is ok to break their contracts and move during the time of the contract, or whinge until the team lets them go.

Top Bottom