Bradley Wiggins calls for safer cycling laws and compulsory helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Obviously I'm not a member of the public then, and I doubt very much if many other CCers are either. User quotes 13 million as fact, so I conclude at best that's a guess at worst an outright lie.

lukesdad

He's trying to sound clever - but coming over as a little backward...

I'm not clever at all, I just don't take to lies very well.

lukesdad

Where do you get 3 million cyclists from? According the LSE, there were 13 million cyclists in the UK in 2010, with 34% of adults owning a bike.

The fact that there's 13 million cyclists - not the 3 million you've suggested - means that your figures are blown out of the water.

:gun:

lukesdad

Well feck me ! Ive just conducted a poll of CC members, and you know what ? Iv'e concluded 50 million ride bikes in the UK.

I'm not clever at all, I just don't take to lies very well.

What do you think the lie is? I gave earlier a link to the source User used - a study carried out by the London School of Economics. You asked how the figures were arrived at and I gave you an accurate answer - a survey carried out by GfK NOP, one of the big firms in market surveys and opinion polling. So please point out what the lie was was or apologise for your false accusations please.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
He's trying to sound clever - but coming over as a little backward...
No - it's a very sensible question.

The answer "From a survey carried out by GfK NOP" omits two important facts:
(a) What specifically was the question that people were asked?
(b) Who commissioned the research?

lukesdad

We had a local survey in Cambridge posted a while ago the question was " Why don,t you ride a bike ?" Unfortunately "because I'm too lazy" wasn't one of the multiple choice answers ^_^ One wonders if it had been, how many would have been honest enough to admit that was the fact.

Only the very stoopid and those with an agenda rely on statistics.

lukesdad

47 pages of meaningless stats :rolleyes:

Keep going chaps, there's a Nobel Prize for Irrelevency heading your way.

Do you mind ? I believe my studies so far to be very accurate ^_^

Ive just conducted another one.

In our village their are 127 residents, 3 ride a bike. My mate and his 2 sons ride one too, but they are outside the village limit, do I include them too ? hmm.

I suppose it depends on what i'm trying to prove :whistle:

lukesdad

Do you mind ? I believe my studies so far to be very accurate ^_^

Ive just conducted another one.

In our village their are 127 residents, 3 ride a bike. My mate and his 2 sons ride one too, but they are outside the village limit, do I include them too ? hmm.

I suppose it depends on what i'm trying to prove :whistle:

This time I asked the villagers " do you ride ? " and all the bl**dy horse riders answered Yes ! :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom