Bradley Wiggins calls for safer cycling laws and compulsory helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
OK, Linf, I have a simple question.

Do you think cycle helmets are effective at reducing head injuries? If so, why?

2 days ago then. That will make you a regular car user. Need to look back to see the relevance of this.

The CTC even state that only 1% of the population are regular cycle commuters in the link above ^ That is a long way off the 30 odd percent which cunobelin just came up with.....

You really have to get a grip on reality, you simply cannot carry on making things up and coming up with untrue, absurd and easily disproven claims

At no point have I stated that 30% of the population are regular cycle commuters.

Please either:

Link to or quote the post where I stated this
Aplogise for this lie, and remove the post

lukesdad

Where do you get 3 million cyclists from? According the LSE, there were 13 million cyclists in the UK in 2010, with 34% of adults owning a bike.

The fact that there's 13 million cyclists - not the 3 million you've suggested - means that your figures are blown out of the water.

:gun:

How have those figures been arrived at exactly ?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
1974820 said:
Is that possible? What would keep it on when you move your hand to the other lever?
The idea of a drag brake is that it keeps you slow enough that your conventional brakes can stop you quickly when you start using them. There's no need to keep it on.

It was a clunky solution to the problem of lousy conventional brakes. Now that rim and disc brakes are so good there's no need for a third brake. We have V-brakes on one tandem, V front and hydraulic discs rear on the other, and I'm confident of being able to come down from 40+mph to 20-odd on either bike within a second or so.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
1974825 said:
Sorry
IMAG0757.jpg

Nice to see you're not wasting time with those tiny bottles, good work!

lukesdad

If you didn't mean "How have those figures been arrived at" when you asked "How have those figures been arrived at" what did you mean?

You forgot the "exactly" If you can't even get your quotes right. Well there's no hope is there ? I' ll wait for a answer from someone with a little more insight, but thank you for trying, just try harder next time.

You forgot the "exactly" If you can't even get your quotes right. Well there's no hope is there ? I' ll wait for a answer from someone with a little more insight, but thank you for trying, just try harder next time.

You want details of the names and addresses of the people they surveyed? I really don't see what your point is. The numbers were arrived at by having GfK NOP carry out a survey of the public. What more is there you need to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom