Bradley Wiggins V Andy Murray.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Without Googling, name the last three Sports personality winners.

It doesn't matter a fcuk who wins it, it is a totally meaningless one night wonder. Only the types who sit glued to Dancing on Lino take it seriously.

Agreed. And it won't be either of the two mentioned as we have the hype-fest of the Olympics to come yet and as it is in Britain, it will become compulsory to love the event or the joy police will smash down your door and attach electrodes to your gear-bits until you scream with joy. There will be a British Olympian who will win two golds and hey presto, there's your SPOTY. Or it might be a cricketer.

postman

Legendary Member
Why don't we ask that nice Mr Blair you know a past PM who is hankering after a job titled Minister for Sporting policy.WTF is that.He might even agree to present the trophy and lovely Cherie could give the runner up one also.

Neither. Their winning would be proof positive they were up to their eyeballs in drugs. The only safe conclusion is it should go the the person who did worst in sport. I quite fancy my chances to be honest! :thumbsup:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
He's not got the arms. Murray's a bit of a muscle man. .

Nice tatts though

tumblr_m6ybkn9qJy1qguyo7o1_500.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
He'd only stand a chance if he got Froome to beat him up first so he can come in for the kill.

^_^ That's what your domestique is for!

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
Without Googling, name the last three Sports personality winners.

It doesn't matter a fcuk who wins it, it is a totally meaningless one night wonder. Only the types who sit glued to Dancing on Lino take it seriously.

It might be a 'one night wonder' for the likes of us, I see what your saying here. However, for the sportsman it means sponsership and promo work for at least a year, look at the adds Cavs been in and the news interviews!
I think after the gesture Wiggo made yesterday at the end of that grueling race he's a worthy winner for the title. But hey I don't like tennis so maybe bias too.

You've got my vote.....so you only need 11,999,999 more :laugh:

Damn, you've only gone and ruined it for me. If you vote for me it means I must've bribed you. The whole point is the only person who could be clean of drugs and bribery and win is the person who is worst at sports and nobody voted for. Ah well, I'll just have to tell my grandchildren that but for Rockymountain................ :angel:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
cyclists have won two of the last 4 spotys…

if sir hoy brings home the bacon he may well tip it in is favour, but what if wiggins wins the tour and the olympic tt or, for that matter, cav wins the olympic road race? there's also pendleton with a possible 3 medals to go for…

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The shortlist is announced at the beginning of December, and the winner is determined on the night of the ceremony by a public telephone vote.

Given the phone vote, itll have to be someone who the media pick up hugely which is Murray not Wiggins imho.

With it being the London Olympics, Id probably expect it to go to Ennis with Farah and Hoy near. I notice a lot of the winners have been F1 drivers, with Damon Hill getting it twice, wouldnt suprise me if Hamilton got it the next year he wins the championship.

Top Bottom