Bradley Wiggins V Andy Murray.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
If Cav can win it surely Wiggo is just as deserving....good job Murray lost

Problem is though, was there so much going on sports wise last year? In a 'Lympic year, it is pretty much a given that you'll get a 'Lympic winner, and they can't possibly give it to Sir Steve yet again...... can they? :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Neither it will be some no mark who wins bronze (but tries hard) in the olympics !!!

Patrick Lawino! No, wait....

PaulB

Legendary Member
cyclists have won two of the last 4 spotys…

if sir hoy brings home the bacon he may well tip it in is favour, but what if wiggins wins the tour and the olympic tt or, for that matter, cav wins the olympic road race? there's also pendleton with a possible 3 medals to go for…
If Wiggins wins the tour, the majority of Britain's population will not be aware of it and very few have any inkling of what it entails. I've heard people make the assumption that Cavendish was going to win it because he won so many stages last year. I also know a very senior nurse manager (so not thick!) who informed me one of the consultant vascular surgeons was riding the Tour de France! He did this in one day. She genuinely thought he was riding in the tour but of course it was only the Etape. People don't know what it's all about.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
True, the general public know next to F all about cycling.

A number of blokes at work tell me cyclists are just druggies that run red lights (sigh)........

They took major offence when I told them car drivers are murderers, who kill 3000 people a year on the roads

I think that we would see the "Scottish Curling Syndrome"

The team was Scottish until they started winning at the 2010 Olympics when all of a sudden they became British and overnight stars.

If Bradley wins he will be accepted

Having said that the good old cycle hating chef had Kelly Holmes on his show the other week and stated that she had two Gold Medals and was therefore Britain's greatest Olympic Athlete

Muppet - there are many athletes who have won more!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
by the time wiggins wins the tour (if he does), i think the coverage will reach saturation. the bbc breakfast news is already getting in on the act and with one week to go, if he's a shoe-in for the win, he'll be the darling of the media…

subaqua

What’s the point

Top Bottom