Brake Block Inserts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The last time I changed my brake blocks (V-brakes) I used blocks with inserts, a pair of these but from a lbs. I replaced the inserts the other day and found them no less fiddly than regular brake pads, if anything more :tongue:. I'm going to change my blocks on my other bike too, soon, is it worth getting blocks than can take inserts again :eek: ?

Maz

Guru
I have these types on my Sirrus. They're pretty standard, but dead easy to replace the inserts. Take out the little pin, slide in the new insert, then replace the pin.

Tynan

Veteran
GrahamG said:
I thought shifting them was hard - until I realised that you have to unscrew the pad holder quite a way... :smack:

?

I pull the pin out and then slide the pad out and along the length of the holder

and it's bloody stiff, then likewise to put the new pad in, very hard work even with lubricant

am I doing something wrong?

bianco

Tynan said:
?

I pull the pin out and then slide the pad out and along the length of the holder

and it's bloody stiff, then likewise to put the new pad in, very hard work even with lubricant

am I doing something wrong?

Try a small blunt tool and a hammer/mallet and tap it out, makes it a 10 second job!

Top Bottom