Brake fluid disaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So there I am happily tinkering away on the Skoda Felicia I bought on ebay 2 weeks ago.
Changing the brake fluid, everything going well. Get to last wheel (left hand front) and step into car to pump pedal. I thought it felt a little easy but pumped it a few times and went to check at the bleed nipple -aarggghh!

The pipe had come off and I'd been spraying brake fluid onto next doors car. Never known it come out that far, and her car was pretty close on the next drive.

Cue much running round filling buckets to wash it all away. I don't think there is any damage, but I've left a suspicious looking clean patch on her front wing.

Which is why I've come inside to hide for a bit!!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Can you not invent some long standing grudge against her that might have caused you to do it?

either that or go and wash it off with some coca-cola.

OP
OP
cheadle hulme
Neighbour doesn't seem to have noticed so I'm not going to say anything.

I seem to remember siphoning motorbike brake fluid with my mouth in my teens.

Must of swallowed loads didnt do me harm nor nuffink.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You most likely washed it off quick enough...... so did you get any air in the system after the pipe came off ?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Once told a mate of mine I'd got an oil leak in the car and didn't know what it was, he dipped his finger in it had a taste and said " yeah, that's brake fluid" - he actually knew the taste.....yuk!!

gbb

Legendary Member
dan_bo said:
You've just reminded me- the old oirish bloke on the allotment next to mine disappeared for about eight months. when he re-emerged it turned out he'd been hospitalised after drinking brake fluid.
Thats just reminded me about the other night...i'm doing some fried tomatoes on toast..and ive got a glass of white wine. I poured the excess oil from the frying pan into another glass(temporarily).
At some stage in the process....i grabbed the wrong glass, and so so nearly took a lovely mouthfull of...cooking oil xx(;)

i've yet to do the hand muddle thing

won't be nice when i do, normally one hand in the biscuit tin / tub of grapes etc and the other being dunked in grease while building a bike.

Top Bottom