Brake pad recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sweetcheeks8

Hello road runners,

I would like to change and upgrade my break pads but overwhelmed by information a read. The bike has linear pull breaks and original pads were quite cheap I reckon. In wet condition only slows down my bike and don't feel very confident using it. Its a Dutch style bike using for everyday commute, going uphill a lot.

What would you guys recommend?
Many thanks

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Can you take a picture of the brakes so we can see exactly what type they are?

OP
OP
S

sweetcheeks8

Can you take a picture of the brakes so we can see exactly what type they are?
Hello road runners,

I would like to change and upgrade my break pads but overwhelmed by information a read. The bike has linear pull breaks and original pads were quite cheap I reckon. In wet condition only slows down my bike and don't feel very confident using it. Its a Dutch style bike using for everyday commute, going uphill a lot.

What would you guys recommend?
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5519.JPG
    IMG_5519.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5520.JPG
    IMG_5520.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5521.JPG
    IMG_5521.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5522.JPG
    IMG_5522.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5524.JPG
    IMG_5524.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5525.JPG
    IMG_5525.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 11

simongt

Guru
Clarke do a good range of brake blocks. I went over to them several years ago for all our 26" tyred bikes. They can be a bit 'snatchy' when first fitted, but for my penn'orth, a good brand that performs well. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

sweetcheeks8

Clarke do a good range of brake blocks. I went over to them several years ago for all our 26" tyred bikes. They can be a bit 'snatchy' when first fitted, but for my penn'orth, a good brand that performs well. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the help! Great men on this forum, super helpful. x

Broadside

Guru
I’m smartening up an older Specialized Globe bike to sell at the moment, I found some Clarks V brake kits on eBay for £6 which includes the pads, callipers and brake noodles. I have fitted them and they work better than the original brakes and also now look brand new! Sometimes it makes more sense to replace the whole lot rather than just the pads.

Top Bottom