Brake Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham jw

Sorry if it's silly question time. But I want to replace the brake pads on my Allez. I have seen some Clarks pads that I like. My Allez has Tektro calipers.

Do you know if I can just swap the pads or, do I need to buy the cartidges as well?

Many thanks.

battered

Guru
You'll have to look at it and decide. Sometimes pads from different manufacturers have the same pad shape and you can swap pads only. Sometimes not.

Wouldn't be these Clarks shoes and pads would they?

if you already have cartridge holders, you need to know what size they are e.g. 52mm, 55mm etc. and get appropriate pads for them as battered has said. You can get pads that do not need cartridge holders though, although long term this works out more expensive than the cartridge system (as you need to replace the whole thing rather than just the rubber) and also limits your choice of the better stoppers.

OP
OP
G

graham jw

Wouldn't be these Clarks shoes and pads would they?

if you already have cartridge holders, you need to know what size they are e.g. 52mm, 55mm etc. and get appropriate pads for them as battered has said. You can get pads that do not need cartridge holders though, although long term this works out more expensive than the cartridge system (as you need to replace the whole thing rather than just the rubber) and also limits your choice of the better stoppers.

Top Bottom