Branson down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
If he's got really expensive 'floating' discs then they can 'chatter' and bash the pistons back in the calipers so need pumping up before they will work, I've known this to happen on motorbikes.
He does mention on the slightly over hyped article about gripping the levers even tighter. No mention of pumping the levers to try and get some kind of pressure, so you could well be right.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
He does mention on the slightly over hyped article about gripping the levers even tighter. No mention of pumping the levers to try and get some kind of pressure, so you could well be right.
Err

I gripped both brakes as tight as I could (later learning I should have tried taking one hand off the brake and then squeezing it again)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Both brakes failing smacks of sabotage to me!

I wonder if there's someone who doesn't like him..

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
"There is no question that wearing helmets saved our lives".
Another day, another bold claim. Perhaps learning how to ride a bike safely would be a better idea than relying on a flimsy bike helmet when it all goes wrong.
Both sets of brakes failed? Find that hard to believe. Something not adding up here.
And I am pretty sure this is at least the second time he has made such a "saved my life" claim. Came off on a speed bump last time, I think. I suspect some skills training (and a good mechanic if he really had both brakes fail) would do him more good.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
His brakes didn't fail

He just rode too fast around a corner and crashed into another cyclist and used "brakes failed" as an excuse

There is no doubt the bloke is a walking self-publicity campaign, but tbf it is quite good going for a 71 yr old to take part in a 70+ km hilly ride, at presumably something more than a leisurely pace, especially as part of a multi-day sporting challenge.

He may be a prize numpty and no one is claiming he is a world class athlete, but not liking him is not really a good reason for just more slagging him off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is no doubt the bloke is a walking self-publicity campaign, but tbf it is quite good going for a 71 yr old to take part in a 70+ km hilly ride, at presumably something more than a leisurely pace, especially as part of a multi-day sporting challenge.

He may be a prize numpty and no one is claiming he is a world class athlete, but not liking him is not really a good reason for just more slagging him off.

I think his 'tale' is just that. A tall tale.

Top Bottom