Branson down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
For those here not from the UK you may find the hatred for successful people surprising.

But here we are taught that the only people who deserve respect for their wealth are those who are born with it . Sad I know but knowing your place is important here.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
For those here not from the UK you may find the hatred for successful people surprising.

But here we are taught that the only people who deserve respect for their wealth are those who are born with it . Sad I know but knowing your place is important here.
Well, he did successfully sue the NHS. So he has that success to his name.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

It seriously is not much like that any more, but there is a dislike of people who succeed by shooting on others... and why not?

Alex321

Veteran

Who taught you that?

I've never heard that opinion or anything similar expressed before you just posted it.

Alex321

Veteran
Yes, really.

I can absolutely honestly and genuinely say I have never once that I recall heard or read anybody expressing the opinion that inherited wealth is somehow more deserving of respect than earned wealth. Until you just said it is something "we are taught".

Badger_Boom

Über Member

I sincerely hope that no-one is taught to 'respect' wealth from any source. Wasn't there something about love of money being the root of all evil?

I know a few sucessful people (perhaps not on a level with the Bransons and Bezos of the world) but they seem to manage to make plenty of dosh while still paying their taxes and looking after their staff, and even a few inherited types who also don't seem to be chinless a*ses.

Maybe if everyone steered clear of divisive generalisations and the world might be a better place.

Top Bottom