Bravo Chain Reaction Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ordered and fitted a couple of wired Schwalbe Durano Raceguard tyres (700x32cm) for my CX. Noticed an odd bulge in the unworn front tyre. Assumed it was just a kink from how it was delivered (in a big bag).
Have been riding on it for a bit with no issues, assumed would de-kink with time.
Nope, so removed and refitted, still no change.
Email with photos to CRC warranty email middle of last week, response within 72 hours as promised...we'll send you a new tyre, no need to return the old. Big box arrived yesterday, containing not one but two new tyres. Front will be replaced at weekend, spare will be used at some point (although I do usually sell on a bike before wearing out the tyres)

Thumbs up :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice to hear a good news story about a retailer.

Gary E

Veteran
To be fair to them, I've had similar service from Wiggle. I got in touch with them after wearing out 3 tyres on my Turbo, more for advice than by way of complaint. They replied stating that they could see nothing wrong with my setup or the way I was using the tyres and sent me 2 free replacements.

huwsparky

Über Member
Yep, positive from wiggle here too, small tear in a wetsuit I bought just before Christmas last year and a full refund voucher to spend. I've never had any issues with Wiggle.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
To be fair to them, I've had similar service from Wiggle. I got in touch with them after wearing out 3 tyres on my Turbo, more for advice than by way of complaint. They replied stating that they could see nothing wrong with my setup or the way I was using the tyres and sent me 2 free replacements.

Never had to test CRC's customer service but equally never had any issues with them, fast delivery and good value.
Wiggle and CRC are the same company now anyway .
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...tion-cycles-officially-announce-merger-211765

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Nice to hear a good news story about a retailer.

I ordered a pair of Schwalbe Land Cruiser+ p*ncture-resistant tyres for my 1989 Raleigh MTB on Thursday afternoon, as the current gumwall tyres are well past their best (and probably still the originals rom new!). The Parcelforce driver got me out of bed first thing this morning and presented me with a box large enough to hold four or five tyres!
Even though I went for the FOC 3-4 day economy delivery they were on my doorstep within 36 hours of placing the order.

If there's one thing I've found frustrating about ordering from CRC though, it's stock availability, and not being able to get everything you need at the same time. I've had to wait for a back-in-stock email, before I could even order the LC+ tyres. I managed to get a couple of Michelin Airstop tubes to go with the tyres, but they were out of stock on 26" MTB rim tapes. So I ordered a couple of cheapies from eBay, but it's anyone's guess when they will arrive.
The next bit of fun & games will be tyres for the Pioneer. I've also decided to use LC+ in 700c size, but also currently no tyre stock and no Schraeder type valve 700c tubes either, so I couldn't order those at the same time as the MTB ones! No doubt they are a victim of their own success with their great value pricing, but if they had the stock available, they could have stuffed 4 tyres, 4 tubes, and 4 rim tapes all in one box and made a bigger profit as they would only be paying for one parcel delivery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Except the parcel would have been heavier and thus likely more expensive to send

I've had two tyres from CRC delivered in a big plastic bag and then the two which were subject of this thread came in a large box. The box will be useful if I ever need to send wheels say.
Otherwise, at least the cardboard can be recycled unlike the large plastic packaging :okay:

Top Bottom