Brazil vs. Chile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmm..., they're saving their cheating antics for the later stages! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's not that Chile are bad either - Suazo in particular - but they just aren't in the same class, especially defensively.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Smokin Joe said:
Chile aren't bad at all. Englands players could learn a lesson from them in passing and controlling the ball.

Indeed. I hate to think what would have happened had England had to face Brazil or Argentina...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Chile played well, pretty organised and never got too down about being ripped apart.... but they were simply lacking the final ball, and Brazil were just too good!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Chile started with energy again, but brazil were too good. The second goal absolute madness a gigantic clearance from Maikon and then three players working together through timed runs and fantastic touches.

mangaman

I'm hoping for an Argentina / Brazil final - could happen and they seem a class apart (and great to watch) And they hate each other - someone may correct me, but I don't think they've ever met in the final.

It would be something else.

marinyork

Now Chile are out, I am too.

I'm not even sure Argentina have even met Brazil in a semi-final let alone a final either because the format was different in the past.

mangaman

marinyork said:
Now Chile are out, I am too.

I'm not even sure Argentina have even met Brazil in a semi-final let alone a final either because the format was different in the past.

Come on marin! Why?

Think of the flair of Argentina, Brazil, Spain - Holland haven't done a lot but could be very good.

I think a Brazil/Argentina world cup final would be superb.
Like the old firm derby with skill :smile: - and probably the brutal tackling and passion.

marinyork

Yes, I hope they are in the finals, and they have been a class apart. I don't think Spain have actually been that good but I hope there's more to come there tomorrow. I've been entertained by Maradona's management as much as the football - some of the bench hugs after goals are just so different from the celebrations by other teams, shows caring in a different way. Even a semi final would be great between them and as I said I don't think even that's happened, as they are in different halves of the draw it'll be final or not at all so here's hoping for the final - which is a long way away.

Top Bottom