Bread makers any good ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Another vote for the Panasonic here. And get some electronic scales that you can reset to zero. I just put the loaf tin on the scales, and reset the clock after adding each ingredient. Makes weighing out much easier.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
User482 said:
Another vote for the Panasonic here. And get some electronic scales that you can reset to zero. I just put the loaf tin on the scales, and reset the clock after adding each ingredient. Makes weighing out much easier.

Yes I do the same thing and also know how much oil/liquid to measure out on the scales too (well approximately).

Debian

Alan H said:
14.95 from Amazon. Not cheap, but cheaper than a new machine. We lost ours when it got stuck in a loaf that got thrown out.

That's only a tenner less than I paid for my whole new machine!

Why is Panasonic considered to be so wonderful in the bread machine world? Is it the fact that you pay £100 or so? It's a bit like buying a fake painting, the more you pay, the less inclined you are to believe it's a fake :biggrin:.

I've used a range of bread machines, including some fancy American contraption that a friend had that cost a couple of hundred quid or so and, believe me, my £25 Lidl twin paddle machine makes much better bread than any other machine I've used. Better than any single paddle machine anyway.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Debian said:
Why is Panasonic considered to be so wonderful in the bread machine world?
I've used several machines, some cheaper than the Panasonic SD252, some more expensive, and it was the best of the lot. It's just a very well-designed, well-built machine that makes great bread.

Debian

Ben Lovejoy said:
I've used several machines, some cheaper than the Panasonic SD252, some more expensive, and it was the best of the lot. It's just a very well-designed, well-built machine that makes great bread.

Fair enough, you're entitled to buy what products you like obviously. It's just that well considered, well thought out and reasoned arguments like this:

Funtboy said:
Panasonic.

End of...

... make me smile as though it's the only option and anyone who buys any other make is a loony!

I wish people who say.. "[blah, blah].. end of..." realised how silly it makes them appear.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Most products have owners who are really pleased with them, and owners (or former owners) who are unimpressed. Every now & then, though, a product comes along where it seems you can't find a single owner who isn't delighted with it. The SD252 and its variants does appear to be one of those products.

While I might not use that particular phrase, I do think that if someone is looking for a bread-machine, and the SD252 is within financial reach, the decision is a bit of a no-brainer.

Top Bottom