bread: will it work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

wafflycat said:
Here it is straight out of the breadmaker. it's risen ok. too hot to taste yet though.

sunflowertomatopepperpumpkinseedsun.jpg

The birds in your back yard will love it.

newbiebiker

Looks okay but how about the taste? :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
summerdays said:
Bread is like cakes .. you experiment and see what works...

Up to a point, but there's certain basic things you have to do and which you can't really mess about with too much. Having said that, I made a Bara Brith (one of my favourite breads) yesterday by the baking powder method rather than with a yeasted dough. And it was still fantastic.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Flying_Monkey said:
Up to a point, but there's certain basic things you have to do and which you can't really mess about with too much. Having said that, I made a Bara Brith (one of my favourite breads) yesterday by the baking powder method rather than with a yeasted dough. And it was still fantastic.

Yes true - my daughter once left out vinegar out of a recipe as she said it didn't sound nice... I pointed out it was half the raising agent!

Brownie tastes just about as normal... either the mars bar chunks needed to be bigger or its just not worth the difference it makes. Its perhaps a bit chewier in places but not a significant amount - having a second peice now ... I think there is a small difference.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

The bread is delicious. Used it to make sandwiches today. With ham, tomato & cucumber filling it made a delisious sandwich. MrWC thoroughly enjoyed and that's fine by me.

I made a pesto and pine nut bread yesterday. The recipe was from a book I bought when I got my breadmaker, but basically consisted of adding 3 Tbsp of green pesto (from a jar) and 40g of toasted pine nuts (I think I added about 80g!) to a fairly basic white loaf.
it's YUMMY. Only improvement would be a parmesan crust on top or perhaps some cheeziness inside...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've been making rocket pesto recently ... as its going mad in the garden ... I wonder if that would work as well?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
summerdays said:
I've been making rocket pesto recently ... as its going mad in the garden ... I wonder if that would work as well?

Try it, it's not pesto science:smile:

summerdays said:

I'm sure it would. If the pesto's oily, then you don't add any more oil or butter to the bread (from my recollection) - just flour/water/salt/yeast

Top Bottom