Breakfast...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Both, IMO. :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Depends on how far your commute is. If it is only a few miles then you will probably be fine eating after you get to work. 10-15 miles and you may need something before you leave to keep you going at full steam ahead. More than 15 and definately both.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Glass of orange juice and my daily vitamins before I set off on my 10 miles, then Weetabix and tea when I get in.

I'd get too windy and get a stitch if I ate before I hit the road.

Both, definitely! Porridge and coffee before, honey sandwich after. Yum!

skwerl

BentMikey said:
You don't really take vitamin supplements do you? That might not be the best plan of action in the light of recent research.

don't worry. give it a year or two and "recent research" will tell is it's ok to take vitamins again. haven't you noticed how a lot of research, especially nutritional that gets into popular press, cyclically contradicts itself?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
At best they're just an expensive way to turn your urine yellow. Do you really believe supplements are a good thing? With anything you can probably pick and choose whatever you want, unless you think a little deeper and look at the broad consensus.

Whatever suits you, really.
I'd rather cycle on an empty stomach for 20-30 mins than on a full stomach. I shower and have brekkie at work (yoghurt and bran flakes) then a smoothie for lunch, and something a bit more substantial in the evening, if I can be bothered to make it.
But whatever you choose, don't skip breakfast completely.

frog

The 15 mile commute is done on a bowl of muelsi (Dorset Cereal) and honey. The 45 mile Sunday ride is done dry and empty with coffee, toast and jam after.

I just can't see how you lot eat as much as you do? If I ate what you did I'd have trouble getting out the door. :smile:

Lucky buggers :ohmy:

Top Bottom