breaking News!!! Pharmstrong case closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclegeek

:laugh: the above post really tickled me. I really hope Lance did do it clean. I think it would be a huge blow to the sport and the fans if he is found guilty.

montage

God Almighty
I guess that the plus side to Lance not being sanctioned is that Livestrong will not be as harmed by negative publicity as it has done a lot of people a lot of good. However, a cheat is a cheat, and even here in America, the common consensus amongst anybody with half a noggin is that he cheated. I was quite surprised, given the patriotism of the US, just how many people condemn him.

gb, the time for self denile is up. There is no more need to hide in the fan-boy closet, you should leave with your head held high and your eyes open to the truth. Once out of the closet, you will find the haterz side so much more providing and pleasurable....it is just so....right

I recall this story couple of years ago where a "shooting gallery" was uncovered where Australian olympic cyclists were training. There were used syringes strewn all around. On testing they were found to contain prohibited performance enhancing substances. I think someone was charged but the matter was dropped for the lack of evidence.

This is not an indictment about the Aussies alone but the competitive world that we live in. The reality is that innocent until proven guilty is well and good but it does not take away the fact that there is a problem.

This incident was an eyeopener. The amount of paraphenalia was not meant for one person, it was in a state facility and the manner of the mess indicated that people all around knew what was going on.

The term "doping programme" is another telling point about how advanced this is. Its not just cycling but in a number of other sports as well. One might as well bury one's head in the sand.

Lets not sit under a tree and wait for convictions in a court of law to occur to see that there is indeed a problem. It has gone past the stage where comments and words such as "detractors", "proven until "guilty", "British Law" ,"nothing has been proven" etc are relevant.

The issue is no longer if doping is rife, its who are the dumb ones who get caught. Its about teams and countries that do not have a proper doping programme.

Erratic

Lance Armstrong has just finshed the Panama Triathlon in second place - did well in the cycling.

Noodley

...and in other breaking news, Phil "The Power" Taylor comes runner-up in the local Pub Games night - did well in the darts.

Dave_1

they made that decision to close the investigation because it was he said, she said type evidence and every team sells last season's fleet of bikes some way.......I don't have much faith in LA but am glad it is behind us

Top Bottom