breaking News!!! Pharmstrong case closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

The focus of the investigation "wasn't so much to prove whether any particular cyclist used drugs, but to determine if Armstrong and other team members violated federal conspiracy, fraud or racketeering charges"... which for me still leaves a huge amount of investigation options in relation to Armstrong having doped during his career.

Let's just wait and see...this ain't a 2 hour training ride investigation, it a Grand Tour investigation. :laugh:

I still believe he doped, and I cannot think why/how anyone who has read even 50% of the information available comes to any other conclusion.

yello

if Novitzky couldn't find anything there may not be anything to find.........

That is an entirely possible explanation. One I wouldn't for a moment dismiss. There could equally be corpses but no smoking gun. Equally possible is the 'weight of evidence' argument; that is, there are bits and pieces provable but nothing worthy of court time and expense - and I'm sure such balancing decisions are made, after considering lobbying pressures etc. I suspect we'll never know but it certainly wont stop the conjecture, in forums and the press.

re Armstrong, no man is ever one thing - saint or sinner. One can believe the story - be he doper or no, TdF winner or no - because it IS inspirational. That he and Livestrong do some practical good for cancer sufferers is undeniable. But none of that means he did or didn't dope.

Personally speaking, and total prejudice admitted, I wanted to see him jailed. I wanted there to be proof of trafficking, money laundering, fraud.... the whole shabang. I'll never be convinced it's not there, only that it wasn't found.

So clearly now I want USADA to find proof of doping. Truth be told, that's always been more my desire than any criminal charges.... those would have been just icing on the cake ;)

Erratic

Personally speaking, and total prejudice admitted, I wanted to see him jailed. I wanted there to be proof of trafficking, money laundering, fraud.... the whole shabang. I'll never be convinced it's not there, only that it wasn't found.

Fair enough, there has been a lot of information doing the rounds over the years which could certainly sway opinion. Hopefully the USADA investigation will be resolved quickly and fairly.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am British and believe in the British way of innocent until proven guilty. Unlike many on here, let us hope we never get tried under their rules.

yello

There have been miscarriages of justice in Britain just as there is prejudice in Britain. I'm sufficiently worldly-wise to recognise that. I also recognise the rule of law.

Noodley

I am British and believe in the British way of innocent until proven guilty. Unlike many on here, let us hope we never get tried under their rules.
I tend to form my own opinions based on information available. You too can do likewise...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ha!:biggrin:
We're not real prosecutors; it's an internet forum!

The huge amount of evidence that is in the public domain has persuaded many of us of LA's guilt in terms of cycling 'law' , i.e doping. Themachinations, political pressure and minutiae of US law wrt misuse of public funds is beyond most of us. Unlike Yello, I'd be more happy if LA was to be found guilty of doping rather than fraud and we're all entitled to an opinion on the weight of evidence. I suspect that you haven't followed the case for doping quite as closely and for quite so long as some of us on here.

Noodley

Ha!:biggrin:
We're not real prosecutors

So why am I sitting here with a grey wig and robes on?

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I think Armstrong must be one of the most tested athletes on the planet, the number of investigations that have taken place and have been proven baseless. Whilst I can understand that he may have some friends in high places in the US, that doesn't hold true for the French judiciary who carried out extensive tests and re-tests on all his samples from two separate TDF's (plus many, many specimens from outside completion) and they found nothing.
Now given that they caught quite a few other's using EPO, the tests and procedures were proven for finding EPO, so if Armstrong did dope on EPO then either he had a totally unknown (and still unknown) to science way of doing it, or he just didn't dope. Given the medical and scientific advances (and that his samples are still on ice), and still nothing has been found would tend to suggest there is nothing to find.

This smacks of a witch-hunt after the fact, and quite frankly it's getting all a bit too old now. Let it be.

Now bertie is a different matter altogether.......

Noodley

I think Armstrong must be one of the most tested athletes on the planet, the number of investigations that have taken place and have been proven baseless. Whilst I can understand that he may have some friends in high places in the US, that doesn't hold true for the French judiciary who carried out extensive tests and re-tests on all his samples from two separate TDF's (plus many, many specimens from outside completion) and they found nothing.
Now given that they caught quite a few other's using EPO, the tests and procedures were proven for finding EPO, so if Armstrong did dope on EPO then either he had a totally unknown (and still unknown) to science way of doing it, or he just didn't dope. Given the medical and scientific advances (and that his samples are still on ice), and still nothing has been found would tend to suggest there is nothing to find.

This smacks of a witch-hunt after the fact, and quite frankly it's getting all a bit too old now. Let it be.

Now bertie is a different matter altogether.......

There was an article written a few years ago which showed that LA was not only NOT the most tested athlete in the world but he was not even the most tested athlete in his house! (or something like that) It's just Lance spin. Also, if you want to look at test results you might want to consider digging a bit deeper...and consider how many 'non failed test' cyclists have admitted to using doping. And look at how many ex-team mates of LA have tested positive and/or spoken out.

Just do a google search for "1999 Lance Doping"...that might be a good starting point.

I am not in the busines of witch-hunting for the sake of it, but if someone wears a pointy hat, has a black cat and rides on a broomstick then I'll quite gladly point and shout "burn the witch".

And this has nothing to do with the fact that he is an twat as well.

Top Bottom