breaking News!!! Pharmstrong case closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
There was an article written a few years ago which showed that LA was not only NOT the most tested athlete in the world but he was not even the most tested athlete in his house! (or something like that) It's just Lance spin. Also, if you want to look at test results you might want to consider digging a bit deeper...and consider how many 'non failed test' cyclists have admitted to using doping. And look at how many ex-team mates of LA have tested positive and/or spoken out.

Just do a google search for "1999 Lance Doping"...that might be a good starting point.

I am not in the busines of witch-hunting for the sake of it, but if someone wears a pointy hat, has a black cat and rides on a broomstick then I'll quite gladly point and shout "burn the witch".

And this has nothing to do with the fact that he is an twat as well.

But they do still have all his samples on file. Surely with modern science they could find the EPO in his samples if it were there? I'm not defending the man, as I also believe in the adage "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck.....it's a duck!", however the evidence doesn't seem to be there, otherwise this would all be history by now. The random testing system is supposed to make hiding doping impossible, but any system can be beat, but the sheer number of samples he would have had to beat and avoid (given that it is random) makes it hard to question the process, and thus the result.

But they do still have all his samples on file. Surely with modern science they could find the EPO in his samples if it were there? I'm not defending the man, as I also believe in the adage "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck.....it's a duck!", however the evidence doesn't seem to be there, otherwise this would all be history by now. The random testing system is supposed to make hiding doping impossible, but any system can be beat, but the sheer number of samples he would have had to beat and avoid (given that it is random) makes it hard to question the process, and thus the result.

This is what Noodley was alluding too. It's clouded in controversy this one but as a pointer.....

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think Armstrong must be one of the most tested athletes on the planet, the number of investigations that have taken place and have been proven baseless. Whilst I can understand that he may have some friends in high places in the US, that doesn't hold true for the French judiciary who carried out extensive tests and re-tests on all his samples from two separate TDF's (plus many, many specimens from outside completion) and they found nothing.
Now given that they caught quite a few other's using EPO, the tests and procedures were proven for finding EPO, so if Armstrong did dope on EPO then either he had a totally unknown (and still unknown) to science way of doing it, or he just didn't dope. Given the medical and scientific advances (and that his samples are still on ice), and still nothing has been found would tend to suggest there is nothing to find.

This smacks of a witch-hunt after the fact, and quite frankly it's getting all a bit too old now. Let it be.

Now bertie is a different matter altogether.......

If you think that the relatively few cyclists that have been nailed for EPO use, are the only ones who have used it and the rest were clean, then you are being more than a little naive!

resal

Veteran
Now given that they caught quite a few other's using EPO, the tests and procedures were proven for finding EPO, so if Armstrong did dope on EPO then either he had a totally unknown (and still unknown) to science way of doing it, or he just didn't dope. Given the medical and scientific advances (and that his samples are still on ice), and still nothing has been found would tend to suggest there is nothing to find.

Ashenden's evidence was ruled out on a technicality. It was not false - just ruled out.

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/michael-ashenden

Certainly for myself and many of those I know who have followed the "unbelievable" performance of Lance for 12 or so years, it is like the OJ case. So the Feds have not been able to touch him, but is he innocent ? Only somebody who has not bothered to research the story or who believes that the tooth fairy brings the sixpence, thinks he was able to do it on orange juice and mom's apple pie, whilst Tyler - "where's my twin", Floyd - "it woz the beer and whiskey that dun it", Jan - "I ate the pies", Basso - "look at my 5 year old, he is calling the dog, Fuentes - I have never heard of him" etc., all juiced up. Sadly we have known for many years who the winners were in the Tour and other races. As to who came first by following the rules, that is an entirely different thing.

yello

Back to that line eh screenman?

This is not a court, it's a forum where we discuss our subjective opinions. Can you honestly tell me that you live your life free of opinion? Or don't have an opinion contrary to an official position? Or is it simply a card you play when the going gets tough.

You think Armstrong is innocent, not a doper, I get that. Are you opposed to USADA trying to establish that?

Different subject, re the 'most tested athlete'; I read something that debunked that quite conclusively by looking at USADAs website and the public information there. As I recall, the swimmer Michael Phelps was tested more times in one year than Armstrong was during his TdF years - and that's just US athletes.

There is no list of 'worlds most tested athletes' to my knowledge - but I read some conjecture/anecdote that it was perhaps an Australian Aussie rules player that might take the 'worlds most' title! :laugh:

It's all spin. Say something often enough and people will believe it. Like 'the French hate him'.

I'm a relatively new 'hater' (and I'm not afraid to admit it). Up until a few years back, I didn't really give a damn either way. Curiosity made me read up on the subject. I wanted to know for myself quite why there was this ground swell of respected and knowledgeable people (and I don't mean only the good folk of this forum ;) ) that had cause to doubt. I simply couldn't form my own opinion until I educated myself. There are people out there with much more severe opinion than mine. For some, Armstrong is the devil incarnate. I just think he's a very naught boy! :laugh:

I don't buy into the Livestrong evil empire theories for instance. I don't think Livestrong does anything any more or less suspect than any other business. I have no doubt it's all above board and legal, and 'tax efficient'!

Oh, btw, rich, it's not important but, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd prefer Armstrong to be done as a doper rather than for fraud etc. As I said, for me as a hater, the latter would be icing on the cake! :laugh:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
1711024 said:
To be on the safe side though, if you would care to tell us what it is that you haven't done, we can them make sure to take that into account if the matter comes up.
He's been guilty of blatant naivety which is a heinous crime on a forum whose lifeblood is subjective opinion and prejudice.

He's been guilty of blatant naivety which is a heinous crime on a forum whose lifeblood is subjective opinion and prejudice.

Hey I object to that, informed prejudice if you don't mind, I devoted a lot of time to finding a hokey copy of Walsh's banned book on the interweb and even more paper printing it out and reading it.

yello

^^^ that link is compulsory reading for anyone with even a vague interest in the saga.

You will be incredulous.

You have to ask, was the "one man" got to?

Top Bottom