Breathing through a muff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm struggling with breathing through my buff / muff in this cold weather. I seem to have the choice of freezing my lips and nose solid or pulling my buff up around my nose and mouth only for it to get so moist it starts to restrict the air coming through it, which is a horrible feeling.

I have no desire to wear a balaclava - sweaty wet wool would not aid my comfort. If if there are some fun balaclavas out there...

Is there a solution or should I just quit whining and let my face freeze?

knitted balaclavas.jpg

ziggys101

Über Member
Classic title :rofl:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
lets find a scorpion/sub zero style face mask!!! My buff just covers my head, i do have a fleece bottomed one that sits on my neck and is big enough to go round my head to keep me warm ish.

i find a beard is a good way of keeping the face warm over winter

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I like struggling to breath through my buff, as I kinda treat it like using one of those lung trainer/expander thingymajiggies... But generally, the buff will just cover the mouth, as covering the nose tends to result in misty glasses.. I think I prefer to see than to breath right..

tyred

Legendary Member
It makes my specs mist up as well. Haven't found a fix for that, cycling on frosty nights without covering my nose/mouth seems to cause blocked sinuses, but covering my mouth/nose means I can see:wacko:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
1290246614388.jpg

You could try one of these!

But in all seriousness, I use the double buff system, with one on my head and the other on my chin, but it only goes to my bottom lip.

Top Bottom