Breathless after 2 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
So what you are saying is averaging 24mph on a faster day is making you breathless after only 2 miles. I doubt many on here could do that speed over that distance so you should not be suprised.

Are these internet times and distances?

ayceejay

Guru
With apologies for stating the obvious but...
if it makes you breathless to cycle that fast over such a short distance go slower.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So what you are saying is averaging 24mph on a faster day is making you breathless after only 2 miles. I doubt many on here could do that speed over that distance so you should not be suprised.

Are these internet times and distances?

This is what I was getting at when I said I was dubious of the times. Additionally, for someone who only ever cycles 2 miles, I find it rather unlikely they will be averaging 24mph over such distances, especially if there is traffic in the mix.

OP
OP
K

K33k00

This is what I was getting at when I said I was dubious of the times. Additionally, for someone who only ever cycles 2 miles, I find it rather unlikely they will be averaging 24mph over such distances, especially if there is traffic in the mix.

That does seem pretty quick. Just Google mapped it and it's 1.9 miles. Also, just after food, it took me a 8:56 averaging at 12.7 mph which seems more realistic. 6 minutes is seeming quite quick but I'm sure I have done it in that time a fair few times. I'll keep a note of my times. Though will also as advised by many of you take it a bit easier. :smile:

Ningishzidda

I do 5 miles in 12 minutes.
At about 250 yds after the finish, the side of the lane is a grass bank which is comfortably soft to fall against.

OP
OP
K

K33k00

I do 5 miles in 12 minutes.
At about 250 yds after the finish, the side of the lane is a grass bank which is comfortably soft to fall against.

Nice took me about 20 for 5. I would love a nice place to just collapse after an intense ride

Top Bottom