Brian Rourke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
I popped into Brian Rourke cycles the other day, just for a browse on a rainy day as its not far away and seemed rude not to. What I mistake! I absolutely want one of his lovely frames custom made for me now!

What a great guy and all the other people in the shop were so friendly too. Offered a cup of tea as I wondered into "the bar" and Brian was more than happy to chat away whilst measuring up another customer for a build.

I was quite content with my small (fleet? is that the right word?) of bikes and I've never felt the need for a steel frame before. But somehow I think I'll be saving my pennies very hard over the next year. Just seemed like a very special experience and fantatsic value too really.

Does anyone own a Rourke bike here? Would love to hear your experiences and feel free to post some pictures too.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
I bought my Scott from them it's Been back a few times for a few tweaks and the staff are fantastic nothing is o much trouble

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Watch the BBC documentary 'Ride of My Life' the guy has his 953 frame made by Rourke - but spoils it with a questionable paint job.

5049070828_5549048324_z.jpg

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
You've got to save for a 953. Wait time is over 6 months (I have enquired :tongue:).

Oh I want one of those, but don't think I'll be spending that kind of money on my first foray into Steel. I think with 953 it would only be fair to look at top end groupos and wheels etc. Realistically £3.5k min which is just too rich for me. If I was spending that kind of money for a stiffer lighter frame then exotic carbon is still probably king of the racing snakes too?

I'm thinking more winter / ride anywhere / all day ultimate bike comfort so 853 is more than up to the job and I reckon you can get a cracking bike for around £2k ?

Hmmm.....

Did you see that Cheshire Celt, £2k!

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Yeah saw Kelly's bike today smokers moo, very nice, well they all are... Might do the cat and fid ride too, right on the doorstep! I really liked Brian's own 953 in pale blue, will post a pic later

Top Bottom