Bridleway permission.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've not noticed any new signs around here going up. There is quite a good network of footpaths, and I'm relieved to say from a cycling point of view- bridleways too.
The anti-cyclist sign over at Coveney got some fame, but that's on a road (part of the National Byway AIUI) not a bridleway.
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/ridiculous-sign-trying-stop-cyclists-18084476

View: https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3430759480274745&id=1203376366346412

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Your parish put up anti cycling signs on a cycling route? Proof the world has gone totally bonkers.
Not my parish, but one nearby. Yes, totally bonkers. They were happy to take the thousands of pounds from cycling organisations to tarmac the route about 20 years ago, but I guess the NIMBYs took over since.

They've since been amended into a sort of share-with-care message but it was rather embarrassing for everyone involved.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Came across this on a walk today. No legislation to close public rights of way due to CoronaVirus is the summary.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm just waiting for someone in one of the local villages (less than 5 kms away) to tell me to 'keep in [my] own area'. If they do, I will agree to it if the entire population of their village agree not to come into Todmorden to shop! :whistle:
I've been keeping close to home with my riding, orbiting my home village doing a loop of the surrounding villages, never more than perhaps a 2 mile radius from home. I've been glaring at some of the pitchfork wielding yokels and mentally daring them to say it to me, but despite looking like they really wanted to none have had the gumption yet to say it to me. Cant think why.

I've been keeping close to home with my riding, orbiting my home village doing a loop of the surrounding villages, never more than perhaps a 2 mile radius from home. I've been glaring at some of the pitchfork wielding yokels and mentally daring them to say it to me, but despite looking like they really wanted to none have had the gumption yet to say it to me. Cant think why.

View attachment 521780
Probably your offensively revealing lycra shorts.

CXRAndy

Guru
"No outsiders"
Is this Esholt where Amos's Woolpack was? ^_^
I used to like going to Woolie back in my yoof

Last edited:
Top Bottom