Brighton - Horley/Kings Cross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
My above post was for 5pm on Friday (which I guess could be busier than another weekday afternoon). Thameslink might be less busy than Southern possibly

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
. Get across Crawley somehow and then pick up NCN21. It goes by Gatwick and the Gatwick Surprise (lift into the S terminal if you want the train), and takes you to Horley.

It looks like the NCN 20 goes right through Crawley and joins NCN 21 - going east after Pease Pottage and then north along a Forest track over the M23 - do you know what the surface of this section is like? I'm guessing pretty rough...

As I read that, a train from Redhill to London KX in the afternoon/evening would not be affected as it would not have departed from London or Brighton. Have I got that wrong?

Cheers.

Tim Hall

It looks like the NCN 20 goes right through Crawley and joins NCN 21 - going east after Pease Pottage and then north along a Forest track over the M23 - do you know what the surface of this section is like? I'm guessing pretty rough...
The bit south of the M23 is a forest track. I've done it on 25mm tyres no problem, but it will be more adventurous after a spot of rain. Once you cross the M23 it's a hard packed track across a golf course.

Top Bottom