Brighton to London this Saturday - Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gussington

Dear all,
I am cycling from Brighton to London this Saturday with a couple of friends. I have done very little preparation - but happy I will make it, just with lots of pain!

My real problem is finding a route. Ideally I'm after a GPX file (that works) for my Garmin, but even a map route will do (just not sure how to read it while cycling!

Any tips from anyone on the best way to proceed?

Haffers

You could reverse the BHF London to Brighton route. Link I saw before doing the ride the weekend before last was here: http://sites.google.com/site/cyclingroutes/London-to-Brighton-bike-ride/ with a link to gpx files but also the route is on the page.

Out of interest, why from Brighton to London? Loved hitting Brighton and scoffing the fish n chips on the beach.

Jim

OP
OP
G

gussington

Fish and chips on the beach does sound good!

We are raising money for a charity in Camden (the Pirate Castle) so want to end there

andym

Über Member
If you have off-road capable bikes and it hasn't been raining very much, then you could go via Shoreham and the DownsLink. Longer, but might be worth considering if the idea of Ditchling Beacon first thing doesn't appeal.

The Transport for London site has (I think) a cycle route planner. In central London I'd look towards going through Bloomsbury (mostly because Centre Point is a giant building site at the moment) and then once you get over the big crossroads by Warren Street tube it's fairly straightforward.

Top Bottom