Brilliant Bike touring stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only if its carbon-fibre with a Ti ferrule.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The problem would be if it slips or gets knocked - it looks a bit flimsy to me. If the bike fell it could be worse than laying it gently down or propping it up against a solid object.
ps. My steel tubes aren't delicate!

As Snorri said, let us know how it goes.

pps. Unusual subject for a first post (wink, wink)

col

Legendary Member
Maybe a velcro wrap,to make the c shaped end more secure,but seems a good idea on the face of it?

sloe

It's a stick.

OP
OP
J

johnb5271

I would agree with you Col and when I receive it I shall be able to post with more information on the stand,although looking at the replys to my post it would make you wonder if it is worthwhile to post at all given the old wink wink, reds under the bed, Saddam has weapons of mass destruction, unusual subject for first post type of replys.from the dreaded senior member ranks whose paranoia could be compared to that of Stalinist Russia.

I have browsed this forum since the death of the cycling plus forum I never registered or posted until yesterday as I had nothing constructive or knowledgeable to say I simply used the forum to gain some knowledge about cycles, cycle maintainance and cycletouring. The first time I post about a product I seen and ordered and thought might be useful to other cyclist the forum police aka senior members with their snide remarks and wink wink, my bikes not delicate routines.The life of any group or forum is the co-existence of both new and old members and to be treated like this makes one wonder are new members welcome at all in this group. For the record I would like to state that the stand that I provided the link for has no connection to me in any way shape or form other than I ordered a product and posted it for others to view

snorri

Legendary Member
Well johnb, if I had known you were such a sensitive creature I would have omitted the wink smiley, but your posting had the mark of a commercial poster advertising a product. It immediately struck me as odd that anyone would describe a product as "brilliant" before having it in their own hands and without subjecting it to a practical test.
Your comparisons between "senior" posters on here and oppressive foreign regimes are really quite laughable. You clearly would be unsuited to the genteel rough and tumble of Soapbox.:sad:
Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you were offended and hope that you have not been put off posting. I have learned a great deal about cycling matters on here, and not a little about the way strangers interact with each other on internet forums. Keep posting and reading and I am sure you will benefit too.;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
It will be interesting to read johnb's views on it once he's used it for a bit. If it's a success then it probably is something worth considering.

That said there is probably only a market for such a thing because some people have a peculiar (and to my mind irrational) aversion to normal bike rests ie the ones which are permanantly attached to the frame.

col

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
It will be interesting to read johnb's views on it once he's used it for a bit. If it's a success then it probably is something worth considering.

That said there is probably only a market for such a thing because some people have a peculiar (and to my mind irrational) aversion to normal bike rests ie the ones which are permanantly attached to the frame.

Possibly,but i used to have a stand under my crank,and if you have a rack with something on,the tendency is the top heavy effect of the bike sort of slid or spread the stand out from underneath,so toppling the bike.This seems to address that problem as in its holding the top heavy problem.

rickangus

Über Member
I have a twin legged esge (or is now called Plecher?) motorbike type centre stand which works very well, even with top heavy loads.

However it weighs something in the region of 10 x the amount of this so called stick so I for one am interested in the outcome/first reviews.

Top Bottom