Brilliant, but obscure.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Have you got any albums that you rate among your favourites and yet no one else would have ever heard of the artist(s)?

I have. I'd be a little surprised if anyone on here had come across a little know American band called Slint, and yet one of their albums, Spiderland, is in my top ten. I was introduced to them when I was a student many years ago by a friend of mine, I would never have heard of them if it wasn't for that.

TVC

I've just bought 5:55 by Charlotte Gainsbourg - daughter of Serge and Jane. Very French with a big input from Jarvis Cocker.

An album (well cassette) I still play after 20 years is 'From Lubbock to Clintwood East' by Terry & Jerry, a Brum Skiffle duo.

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Shotgun Messiah : "Second Coming" 1991

The Electric Boys : "Funk O Metal Carpet Ride" 1991

Danger Danger : "Cockroach" 1995

lately it's these guys (if you like melodic rock music with BALLS)

"Eden's Curse" 2007

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
To answer the Q in the OP I'd have to say No. But then I'm probably a bit "backward" musically.

I do have an "unusual (?)" album by Fleetwood Mac - "Kiln House". Does that count?

Melvil

Dayvo said:
Don't know about brilliant, but they were the fore-runners of 'electronic, techno, trance, chill-out' music.

Tangerine Dream from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

I've got the soundtrack to 'Salvador' by Tangerine Dream, it's very unsettling and pretty cool!

My own 'cult' band would probably be one I bought at random because I liked the name and became hooked upon listening. They're (or were, since they're no longer together) called 'Sukia' from the Mexican Lesbian Vampire comic book of the same name(!) and do wierd and erotic electronica:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukia

Top Bottom