Bristol/Bath RW Path - Motorbikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
domtyler said:
Not sure why you feel it neccesary to speak so badly, and publicly, of a dead boy. You clearly have a lot of hate in you for the people you share your part of the world with, why don't you either move somewhere good enough for you or deal with your 'issues'?

No, not hate. A dislike, yes. I just dread to think what may have happened to anyone had he chosen to do what he did during the day when people and kids were using the path.

I have no 'issues' to deal with other than the unfairness in current society where criminals have all the rights and decent, law-abiding citizens have none. Leith is good enough for me, Dom - thank you very much. There are a few bad people around here, but the majority are decent, honest, hard-working folks who don't like the bad lot either.

You don't know me from Adam, bar me letting off the odd bit of steam on here, so I'd thank you to avoid making such public and utterly incorrect statements about my character... ;)

domtyler

Über Member
goo_mason said:
No, not hate. A dislike, yes. I just dread to think what may have happened to anyone had he chosen to do what he did during the day when people and kids were using the path.

I have no 'issues' to deal with other than the unfairness in current society where criminals have all the rights and decent, law-abiding citizens have none. Leith is good enough for me, Dom - thank you very much. There are a few bad people around here, but the majority are decent, honest, hard-working folks who don't like the bad lot either.

You don't know me from Adam, bar me letting off the odd bit of steam on here, so I'd thank you to avoid making such public and utterly incorrect statements about my character... ;)

Fair enough. But if you are going to post numerous [what I would call] hate filled rants on a public internet forum, some about dead people then I feel that I have the right to draw some conclusions about your personality.

None of us were born angels either, that kid was just that, a young and unruly kid. Doesn't mean that anyone has the right to abuse his memory in public.

OP
OP
A

alfablue

Twenty Inch;35666][quote=alfablue said:
This morning I was riding in the same area and there were 4 kids on mini motorbikes buzzing around equally eratically. I caught up with one who stopped (out of fuel I hope) and told him not to ride there and that he would get his bike confiscated and crushed by the police, but both he and I knew that was pretty unlikely.

There are Home Office funds available for Police Forces specifically to deal with this - it might be worth finding out whether Bristol has some. You do need to report it - it helps the coppers build up a picture of hotspots so they can send uniforms down. We had a real problem near my house - I called every time I saw one - far fewer this year.[/quote]

Thanks Twenty, I have emailed a local PC (and cyclist) who posted on the C Plus forum last year asking about miscreants on the path - I am hoping he's still "on the case" - no reply as yet but its a bit soon.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
domtyler said:
Fair enough. But if you are going to post numerous [what I would call] hate filled rants on a public internet forum, some about dead people then I feel that I have the right to draw some conclusions about your personality.

None of us were born angels either, that kid was just that, a young and unruly kid. Doesn't mean that anyone has the right to abuse his memory in public.

OK, but 'numerous... hate-filled rants' is perhaps a bit strong. As far as I recall (and looking back through my profile at postings I've made confirms this), I've been annoyed at kids playing chicken (where you questioned my manhood for buying and proposing to use an Air Zound to make 100% sure they couldn't claim they didn't see or hear me if they tried it again ands anyone got hurt) and sickened by the press's hypocritical praise of this 'angelic' bike thief, who was riding his stolen bike on a shared footpath in a park (thankfully at 3am and not when the park was full of kids). That's it. Two occasions hardly constitutes numerous.

I agree though that, regardless of who he was and what he did, I wouldn't have liked him to have trashed any kind of memorial to a member of my family, so me thinking of doing anything to his would be hypocritical and pull me down to the same level. So I'll apologise for that.

Tynan

Veteran
I'm with goo, anyone deliberately acting so stupidly and anti socially to boot gets zero sympathy from at all

Someone robbed my old scooter late at night to get home, spotted by the cops riding without a helmet, rode for it and smacked it into the side of a truck while jumping lights

Bike totalled, him some nasty cuts, me and the copper both thought that highly satisfactory although the copper was professional enough to agree only after I said it first

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj;36080][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse said:
Name-calling and belittling now is it? You're a clever dick aren't you?

who the hell are you, anyway?
are you new?[/QUOTE]

Not very observant are you? Tete has been around for ages, here and C+

And changing his name like you did earlier is just the sort of petty and dishonest behaviour that stops anyone having much respect for you or your views...

Tetedelacourse

Arch;36104][QUOTE=bonj;36080][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse said:
Name-calling and belittling now is it? You're a clever dick aren't you?

who the hell are you, anyway?
are you new?[/QUOTE]

Not very observant are you? Tete has been around for ages, here and C+

And changing his name like you did earlier is just the sort of petty and dishonest behaviour that stops anyone having much respect for you or your views...[/QUOTE]

Amen. Cheers Arch.:ohmy:

Bonj, keep yer fur on, flower. I've been around longer than your white van.;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You're more memorable than bonj anyway. ;) LOL!

bonj2

Tetedelacourse said:

You haven't achieved anything like as many posts as me. And your avatar offends me. Is it a disabled person?

You should know to respect your elders and betters, and you should know your place, flower.

Tetedelacourse

bonj;36453][QUOTE=Tetedelacourse said:

You haven't achieved anything like as many posts as me. And your avatar offends me. Is it a disabled person?

You should know to respect your elders and betters, and you should know your place, flower.[/QUOTE]

Accumulating posts is not my reason for visiting this delightful part of the WWW. Whatever floats your boat though wee man.

Sorry you are offended by my avatar. If anyone else here has a problem with Bond henchmen, I will duly change it pfffffffff.:ohmy: I'm puzzled though, why would you be offended by a disabled person?

How old are you? I am 31. If you are older, then all due respect for surviving so long without being throttled to death. Quite an achievement given your outlook on life!:angry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
How old are you? I am 31. If you are older, then all due respect for surviving so long without being throttled to death. Quite an achievement given your outlook on life!;)

I've always assumed a mental age of about 13 for bonj....