Britain by Bike BBC4 Tonight 20.30

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The program about the dream bike was interesting and the fellow really knows his stuff but I would have preffered to have seen him buy in locally and put the parts together in his own workshop.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Loved the bit at the end where he dumps all the bits on the bench and says, the mechanic will just sort it out. When I saw the blue and then the orange I thought it would be one or the other. Not both. But then it's his bike right.

potsy

Rambler
Enjoyed the programme and the colour scheme wasn't nearly as bad as I feared after some of the comments on here,
Certainly one very nice bike in the end.

jags

Guru
lad's lad's come off it ,it was one hell of a bike even down to color i would give my right arm to own such a bike.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Thought the bit with the "God fathers of ATB" was just brilliant ! Anyone have an idea why we are suddenly being spoilt with cycling programmes ??? Keep it up !!!

jags

Guru
£4k and with the world's best bits of kit ...hand made wheels in the states for $320 droool....

yeah i noticed that one as well ,and didn't that guy know how to build a wheel pure class.
mind you those rourke boy's are pretty clever as well.

calvjones

yeah i noticed that one as well ,and didn't that guy know how to build a wheel pure class.
mind you those rourke boy's are pretty clever as well.

I think the handbuilt wheels (by Swampy? Grizzly?) were more an excuse to get to the States to hang with the ATB guys - cos frankly, you wouldn't go all that way for a Chris King headset alone...

Maybe Swampy should rock up at La Scala and tell them Eyetalians can't distinguish subtle distinctions of tone, and hand the lead soprano a tensionmeter...

Top Bottom