Britains Got Talent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

darkstar said:
Hmmm I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a 'one-act act'... Do you mean they are an acrobatic squad and therefore tend to do acrobatics instead of mixing it up an singing? Or that their moves are the same? If it's the latter then I was thinking they were saving their best stuff for the world champs tbh. No doubt in my mind that they were the most suitable act for the Variety show.

What I mean is it's the sort of act that you'd perhaps go to Chipperfield's circus to watch as I used to as a child. It's a one dimensional act, skilful but nevertheless one-dimensional, like lion taming or stunt horse riding - circus acts that can do their thing then move on to the next town to a new audience. I can't imagine ever going to more than one Spelbound performance whereas I'd almost certainly go to several Michael Macintyre or Lee Evans gigs.

It's a personal thing for me - see one gymnast and you've seen 'em all. After reaching a certain level it all becomes a matter of very small degrees of difference.

darkstar

Debian said:
What I mean is it's the sort of act that you'd perhaps go to Chipperfield's circus to watch as I used to as a child. It's a one dimensional act, skilful but nevertheless one-dimensional, like lion taming or stunt horse riding - circus acts that can do their thing then move on to the next town to a new audience. I can't imagine ever going to more than one Spelbound performance whereas I'd almost certainly go to several Michael Macintyre or Lee Evans gigs.

It's a personal thing for me - see one gymnast and you've seen 'em all. After reaching a certain level it all becomes a matter of very small degrees of difference.
Our opinions obviously differ, I've been too se cirque du soleil a few times now and would go again and again. They mix it up every show. I soon get bored of someone pretending to be Harry Hill, but again thats personal preference.

Top Bottom