British Gas Homecare One renewal £389..is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kiwifruit

kiwifruit

Über Member
@kiwifruit at £389 for Homecare One your parents are being ripped off. We have Homecare 400 at £226 and I argued this down from +/- £250 when the renewal arrived. Our contract covers service for central heating and boiler plus emergency call out on all plumbing, electrics and drains.

I am aware I could probably get the service cheaper but experience tells me finding a local, reliable gas engineer in an emergency is extremely difficult in my area. I chose BG because I consider £226 good value and peace of mind to cover the emergency possibilities and annual service - boiler, bleed all radiators, balance system etc - it’s just a question of asking the engineer to do it. If you feel BG can provide peace of mind to your parents and quality service then point out BG is advertising cheaper deals now.

IME whenever BG, and similar organisations, come up for discussion the majority of posts will tell you how appalling the company is. I’m sure these experiences are true but don’t forget there will be millions of satisfied customers as well.

I’m 100% satisfied with BG and far prefer to rely on them than chase round after a local tradesman who may not be there when needed. Most small locals are, IME, equally appalling in customer service, returning calls etc.

It’s personal choice. My bank, Santander, gets terrible reviews for me they are outstanding. Same with BT.

I would take both the positive and negative views with a pinch of salt and make your own choice.
I did try to negotiate a better deal for my parents but they didn’t really budge with the price they kept it at last years price at £348. So I cancel the renewal and went with a local company at £186, that’s include boiler and central heating cover, parts and labour.

Top Bottom