British motorsport could end due to EU ruling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

*Snork*

This... from you....

On this thread?

If you can find someone who works for one of the insurance companies you've just described as "corrupt" who believe that the amount they're charged for hire charges is "reasonable" then I'll eat my hat. Charges made for repairs are usually much more reasonable, because it's the insurance companies themselves who commission that work, not some dodgy demi-monde semi-lawyer operating out of a room above a flat.

Yet, I have family in the repair industry. And charges are regularly inflated when doing insurance work. Just like hire car prices are inflated.

So your family are involved in fiddling and contributing to the increasing costs of motor insurance?
The practice is fairly common amongst many companies that deal with insurance. Just because I have extended family members in the trade it does not mean I am involved, nor do I condone it.

In fact I absolutely detest the idea, as my previous posts have suggested. So not sure what you're getting at with this post?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Maybe corruption was too strong a word. But surely you cannot agree that the charges made to insurance companies for vehicle repairs, and hire during the claim process are reasonable.
I don't have enough data to comment about the reasonableness or otherwise of the charges. I've rarely had need of either service.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
On this thread?
Yes. On this thread.

Top Bottom