British Riders in TdF 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
If you took time to find out about the subject being discussed then you'd know what I was on about. But carry on with your ignorance, it shows up shiningly.

Are you trying to say that Nairobi is part of mainland Britain?
Or that no-one has applied for British citizenship to compete for Britain/England/Wales etc rather than for their country of birth?
Or that kittens bearing jockeys have a tradition of appearing in the Grand National?
Or that perhaps you find yourself unable to provide an explanation and instead revert, rather quickly, to insults?

Which is it?

OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
[QUOTE 1944889, member: 45"]Thieving immigrants[/quote]

Thank heavens for Brad et al! It's about time we did well outside the velodrome.

OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
... and nobody became British to "further their career". Take some time to do a bit of reading rather than churning out nonsense.

like this perhaps?
"The International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge has spoken of his concerns at the growing trend of athletes switching nationality to cash in on the Olympic Games" http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/17372781

With all due respect to your position, you failed to provide convincing proof that Nairobi is a city in Britain. I suspect that you will find it difficult to do so.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Cyclists have historically moved to the Continent to further their careers. Not from.
Not wishing to be offensive, but anyone asserting otherwise genuinely does not know what they're talking about.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
For every Philip Hindes, there's a Tom Simpson, Sean Yates, Stephen Roche, Paul Kimmage, Sean Kelly, Barry Hoban, Paul Sherwen...
Need I go on?

OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
Thanks Doc, but I don't think anyone has suggested that cyclists have moved from the continent to Blighty to further their careers (although I did wonder), but judging from the IOC's Jacques Rogge he seems to think it may be occuring in other sports.

Noodley

So, you admit you were wrong to mention it in relation to a cycling thread? That's good. So have we covered all the nonsense you mentioned originally?

I wonder if perhaps some of these cyclists became British just to advance their sporting career.

Sorry, but that's total bollox. Most Brits used to move to Europe and pretend they were Belgian in order to further their cycling career. It is actually possible to be British without being born in Britain....unless you happen to be a member of the BNP, in which case it isn't....

OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
So, you admit you were wrong to mention it in relation to a cycling thread? That's good. So have we covered all the nonsense you mentioned originally?

The error is clearly yours. Contrary to your somewhat foolish assertion, people really do change nationality to further their careers. Tell you what, see if you can get the International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge to recant his view of the growing trend of athletes switching nationality to cash in on the Olympic Games and then, maybe, I will take you seriously.

Top Bottom