British Riders in TdF 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatblokish

Guru
Of the five, only one was born in mainland Britain.
Wiggo Belgium
Cav IoM
Froome Kenya
Miller Malta
Cummings

This is most curious.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wonder how that compares with the proportion of British Citizens generally?

(esp if you're going to rule out all the islands, and Northern Ireland)

OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
I wonder how that compares with the proportion of British Citizens generally?

(esp if you're going to rule out all the islands, and Northern Ireland)
I wonder if perhaps some of these cyclists became British just to advance their sporting career. Anyway, in answer to your question, I guess that over 95% of Brits were British born, or 95% of UKish were UK born.

I never can understand the relationship of the IoM to Britain as it has its own parliament, nor the Channel Isles which are not part of the UK, or Gibralter. Or anything really.

OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
It's not "curious", and nobody became British to "further their career".

Sheesh.
Plenty of atheletes chose to change their original nationality to British to compete for Britain/England/Wales etc rather than for their country of birth so I can't understand your second assertion, and your first needs some explanation.

Noodley

Plenty of atheletes chose to change their original nationality to British to compete for Britain/England/Wales etc rather than for their country of birth so I can't understand your second assertion, and your first needs some explanation.

Take some time to do a bit of reading rather than churning out nonsense.

OP
OP
fatblokish

fatblokish

Guru
Take some time to do a bit of reading rather than churning out nonsense.

Yup, tried that; reading Woman's Own was about as illuminating as your evasions. Still waiting for your explanation though.

Noodley

Yup, tried that; reading Woman's Own was about as illuminating as your evasions. Still waiting for your explanation though.

If you took time to find out about the subject being discussed then you'd know what I was on about. But carry on with your ignorance, it shows up shiningly.

Top Bottom