Votes: 11 25.0%
  • BT

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • TalkTalk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
B4RN - fibre to property 1000Mb/s at the router. £30pm + £9pm for VOIP unlimited.
Unfortunately not available in civilisation yet :smile:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Just switched from Plusnet to Sky. Advertised average download speed for my area 59Mb. When I have checked the speed, (roughly every couple of days), the speed has been 71 -72 Mb on wifi. Wired hitting almost 80 Mb.
Three bonuses; A) it's cheaper than Plusnet, B) the download speed is faster than we were getting from Plusnet, and C) so far (touch wood) we have not had the drop outs we suffered with Plusnet.
I should add I have no idea why B & C should be different with a new provider, but so far no complaints.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Good to hear @Bazzer as I've just arranged the same, Plusnet to Sky. Just waiting to go live at the moment. Hope we see the same as you.

Apologies if is teaching you to suck eggs, but on your go live date, you may want to check if you have been connected before the text message from Sky.
We lost the Plusnet connection around mid morning, so connected up the Sky equipment and waited for the connection message. Around 5 pm I tried to connect, but nothing. I tried again around 7.30 pm and had a connection :smile: so did all of the resetting of wifi passwords. The text message from Sky saying we had been connected came through around 7.30 the following morning.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
A follow up.
I changed from TalkTalk to Vodafone, we are not getting what was promised speedwise (its fibre but we are a fair distance from the box) but still get enough speed for no problems 20 to 30mbit/s, this has resulted in a price reduction as stated if not getting what was promised, less than £20 a month now.
I received a free Amazon Echo Plus and have just received a £100 Amazon voucher, so hapy with the change.

Top Bottom